“Home cooking”

Belle's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 286 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Oh my gosh this place was definitely different. You walk in sit down and your waitress is your menu. Maint entree dish and all you can eat vegetables. I would recommend this place to any family wanting to eat out. You won't leave hungry that's for sure. Price! A little high, but I will not let that some me from going back!

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this place but for the amount they charge you could eat at Red Lobster. The food is just good ole home cooking; chicken Fried steak, mashed potatoes, cream corn, green beans and rolls. They only have one price and that is $12.99 per person large or small. There are a lot of places you can get a good homestyle meal for under $10 in Abilene, so Belle's is 3 to 4 dollars overpriced for this area and market. That said, the food is good and the atmosphere is fun if you are into old cowboy style humor mixed in with Elvis music. As much as I enjoyed the food and atmosphere, I will not be going back. It cost me, my wife and two kids $60 to eat there for my birthday and I can eat at much nicer restaurants for that amount.

1  Thank Vongof70
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Sorry Mom! Belles chicken fried steak and fried chicken are at least as good as what mom used to make. They even have the gravy down pat. I really like the family style way of serving. It’s perfect for a family restaurant. It’s like going home. I like to save the big yeast rolls and honey for desert. You will leave happy and full of some of the best down home country cookin on the planet. Who could ask for anything more?

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Not just a place to eat it's an experience. The food is delicious. Some of the best yeast rolls ever.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a family style restaurant. You get to choose between fried chicken, chicken fried steak, baked chicken and chicken and dumplings for your entrees. Vegetables are served in a bowl and are all you can eat. All of the food is excellent. The rolls! Oh the rolls! Probably the best rolls I have had in my life. (Yes, there is butter and honey right there for you to use.). This is probably the best place in Abilene and would compete for best in Texas. Yes, it is quirky looking, but hey, this is Abilene!