“Delicious discovery!”

Belle's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 286 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were traveling through Abilene when we decided to use our GPS to find a restaurant. As my husband likes to check out local restaurants as opposed to chains, we happened upon Belle's. The photo they use for Trip Advisor does not do the restaurant justice. Yes the big chicken head is on the outside wall of the restaurant which is funny but the entrance is very charming. You walk through a covered patio area to enter the actual restaurant. (I imagine when the weather is warmer, it would be really nice to eat out there.) The inside has country warmth....maybe it's the personnel, maybe it's the customers that eat there, maybe it's the quirky decor but you just feel very welcome like being invited to a family dinner. Dinner is served family style....you individually choose your meat....baked chicken, fried chicken, chicken fried prime rib, can't remember them all, I know a fried fish but don't remember what type of fish.....and everything else is served in bowls for the table to share (mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, rolls) which they continue to refill per your request. All the food was home made and absolutely delicious. I had the baked chicken which was cooked golden brown on the outside, juicy on the inside. My husband had the fried chicken which was not greasy (how is that possible??) just crisp and delicious.

Then the following week, we ended up having to go to Abilene. Belle's was worth waiting for so instead of eating on the road elsewhere, we waited till we got to Abilene at 8 pm. Same great experience. Be aware that their hours are limited....I think they are only open Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun so definitely call before going.

1  Thank wizofwoz

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We discovered Belle's on our drive to the Big Bend area. We stopped in for lunch and had a really nice time. Fun place and the chicken is great. Family style dining.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We eat there everytime we are in town. Good service combined with wonderful food. I just wish they were open more days of the week.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

What a fun place to eat! When we arrived we had to wait to be seated while the staff did the hokey pokey! You choose your meat (we chose fried chicken) and everybody shares mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans and fresh yeast rolls. Everything was just delicious! We had a slice of chocolate pie to top the meal off. This is a must stop if you're in Abilene!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

There chicken fried ribeye is so good that I will drive 89 miles to eat there and drive back home!. There sides are served family style with unlimited refills on them. I had never had a chicken fried ribeye before finding this great place. They also have chicken fried chicken ,fried chicken and catfish. And from what I have heard they all are just as good. One day I will have to try them