“Great Museum for Families”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grace Cultural Center
Fort Worth, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Museum for Families”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The Grace Museum is one of my favorite museums for visiting as a family. I enjoy taking my girls to Abilene for an overnight visit a few times a year. We always time our visits around the exhibits at the Grace Museum and the National Center for Childrens Illustrated Literature. So far my favorite Grace art exhibit was of John James Audobon. The history museum on the third floor has three sets of kitchens and living rooms from different eras in the 1900's. It's great to show what homes were like when grandparents were born. My girls love the children's museum, esp the stage with costumes. On our last visit, we were in Abilene for Art Walk and the Grace had a fun Make and Take art activity that both kids and adults enjoyed doing.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exhibits were great!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We went to a wedding reception in the ballroom, so we were allowed to tour the museum during the party.. The art and history exhibits were well presented and interesting, and the staff were professional and helpful. The building has been beautifully restored. You could walk through in about an hour.. We enjoyed it very much!

Austin
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Three story museum, something for everyone!”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

This museum used to be a three story hotel and is now a three story museum, with a little bit of everything. The first floor is an art gallary, second floor a very small children's museum and sculpture display, the third floor was the history of Abilene, a photo exhibit and the history of boot making.

It took us less than a couple of hours to go through. Very small children would probably be bored with it, but my 8 and 11 year old found enough to stay interested.

2 Thank my3girlsAustin