“Enjoyable...”

Buffalo Wild Wings
Ranked #195 of 273 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm all 'bout wings and things...
I love the scenery and the food.
It's just always very crowded...
But for understandable reasons...
Just a raging place!

There are newer reviews for Buffalo Wild Wings

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The atmosphere is great. The tv's are big the idea of a sports bar. Loved the trivia set up. But out of three of us no one enjoyed their food. Frozen then fried and just no special taste. How can some place so cool be so bad?

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Their food is just ok but you can't beat the atmosphere and the fact they always have on the games you are looking to watch. Lots of good beer on tap and the Wings are pretty good too. Before I had NFL sunday ticket I went to BW's every sunday.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a good place for chicken wings and draft beer. I very rarely ate here, but, it is right across from the Marriott Courtyard, and as a change of pace, I would eat here.

At one time in October or prior, I'd eaten here and charged my bill to my Marriott Visa credit card which was "swiped" through its reader. Roughly 6 weeks after eating here and making this charge, I noticed online on my credit card account a charge from the Buffalo Wild Wings and that indicated I'd eaten there a couple days prior to my seeing this online. I KNEW I had not eaten there in over a month. I looked at the details shown on my account activity and it showed that it was an online order or a telephone order, not a personal presentation of my credit card at the restaurant. I concluded (wrongly, as the rest of the story will reveal) that my account number was stolen by someone and being used here. I immedieately called the credit card company and cancelled the card due to fraud, then, walked to the restaurant to tell them I'd had to cancel my card, and seeking them to investigate if an employee or someone was similarly using others credit cards.

As it turned out, the manager explained to me, with an apology, that the machine that they used for credit card "swipes" had some kind of software problem. For a couple weeks of restaurant charges, they could not get the final processing for payment--and meaning that the accounts of their customers did not have a charge shown on their bills at the time of the charges being made.

As a result, the restaurant determined who'd made charges and for which it not been paid. It then processed the charges as an online or telephone order, and the date of the charge was the date it did the processing. So, when I saw my account having been charged more than 6 weeks or so after I knew I was last there, I jumped to the conclusion there was fraud involved, when there was not.

Due to my cancelling my credit card, however, I had to contact several businesses that I had activity with for reservations that would need that card number to be active, and had to advise some businesses who auto-charged my account that it was closed. What a pain!

Anyway, while the manager did apologize, what I really thought he should have done is to give me a courtesy voucher for a free dinner. An apology was simply insufficient for what I was going to have to do as a result of the cancellation of my old card. What a pain!

1  Thank Howie G
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was in town for business and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is a 3 minute walk from this bar. We came over to watch the Giants football game. The place was very busy and the service was good. The beers were ice cold which made up for the slower than desired service, but it was a very busy night. Ample monitors to watch the game and it obviously is a place that locals like to frequent. We did not have any food on this visit.

Been to Buffalo Wild Wings? Share your experiences!