“Don't do it...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Waco, Texas
“Don't do it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ok, so let me start this off with my check-in. I paid for the room, and I also paid for the internet access codes. Mistake number one, the internet here is SLOWER than my THROTTLED AT&T Data Plan. I am talking 300-400 kbps. Not worth $3.00 a day.

Next, I go to my room. Not only does the exterior of the building look sketchy, but the inside does too. The shower is nasty (more of this to come), the beds are not comfortable and the room just does not smell "clean".

Fast forward, the sleep was ok, luckily I brought my own pillow and blanket. The people above me sounded like a heard of cattle every since I checked in. The walls are so thin here, I could hear one of my neighbors TVs throughout the night. The A/C was very loud, it almost sounded like the whole unit was vibrating when the cooling kicked on.

Finally, the grandest part of my stay...I woke up and was laying there, when all of a sudden, this nasty smell filled my nose. I got up and walked towards the bathroom, and the smell was getting worse. I looked in the bathroom and my shower had filled with water and sludge from the septic system...I immediately put on my clothes and went to get the rest of my nights refunded. I am about to check out now.

The only reason that I am giving this a 1 out of 5 (besides the fact that I have to) is because the lady at the front refunding my upcoming night there.

Side note, not sure what it is here, but about an hour after I checked in, my allergies started to flare, so if you have allergies, be careful.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms! If you have allergies, this motel set mine off like crazy!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was very easy to find and secluded. A little harder to leave since it was on a feeder road and you had to head around to get back on the Hwy. We checked in and had to wait because only one satff works in the small reception area. While waiting you could tell this was used by people for extended stay. Laborers [from down south] walking around without shirts and hanging around their rides in the lot, but we still felt safe. They have NO WiFi unless you want to pay $2.95 a day. Not even in the lobby which had NO seating and just a small coffee stand as decoration, but it was clean. They are not part of AAA, but take ARAP and give senior discounts. The room - small but clean, beds comfortable. The dresser has NO drawers, just small cubicles under the desk. Never seen this before in a motel room. The shower looked like one from a crusie ship, but without all the thrills. My elbows hit the wall when washing my hair, but again clean. Bring your own shampoo because they only supply the small bar of soap. They do have a vending machine in the lobby area if you want to buy shampoo. This was another 1st for me that Tom Bodett does not tell you about. No kleenex in the room, but they do provide toilet paper. The towels were from Pakistan and very thin [7.5] with little absorbing power. No trash can by the sink, but you can use the one in the bathroom if you need one. Wash rags?? Did not see any. The floor is clean, but glued down. Humidity is starting to show some of the seems coming up. Tried to leave a comment card, but desk clerk said he was surprised that they do not supply any - guess they know what people will say. Our regular place was full, so we got what we paid for and definately nothing more.

Room Tip: Try another place that provides teh basics
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank El1Lobo

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed for 3 night 4 days. It was great from the very beginning. I checked in with 3 kids ages from 13 to 3 years old. Friendly, informative, understanding, kind ,polite, and all around awesome staff. If you have ever traveled with small children and a teen in a car for over 6 hours you will understand the importance of all theses great features the staff have and then some. Room and sheets super clean and kept that way during our stay, enough towels and toiletries. My room had a fridge and a microwave. Restroom was pretty big compare to other places I have stayed at. Its pretty quiet a little secluded, best of all for me family friendly. An example: my 3 year old had a pretty bad nose bleed and ruined a couple of hand towel I tried cleaning them out and asked for a little help, I made plenty of apologies ...I was told not to worry, to hand them the towels, and it is okay kids have accidents, no biggie. I felt at ease and clam like all my needs were being met. Almost felt like being in a family members home. I would definitely be going back there soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank SRC C
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Kinda of an odd location, as only hotel at this extra. All the other ones (and restaurants) are at exits before and after. Room was clean. Beds were clean as were the sheets. It was surprisingly quiet, even though absolutely packed. Only negative thing was my non smoking room smelled like smoke on day 1. But by Day 2, it was fine. THe other not perfect thing was parking. Hardly any, right by the rooms! One night after dinner, I had to park about 150 - 200 feet away. Will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Just off the interstate. The staff is friendly and helpful. Room is really clean and nice. Bathroom great. No microwave or refrigerator. Coffee available in Lobby. Thermostat control for heat or air. It was great for what I needed, a place to sleep after 12 hours of driving. The building itself is well kept.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bellaelong
Artesia, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had booked a room during travel Thanksgiving week for 2 beds, micro/fridge which cost extra. Also since I am handicaped, needed a ground floor room. I got the ground floor room but no fridge or microwave, but was charged for them. Manager was rude and said that there was no guarantees for for that reservation. When comfronted for the extra charge, she said I would have to take it up with Motel 6 reservations center. I explained I need the fridge for my medications and she offered to keep them in the office...I don't think so. I cancelled my reservation on the return trip and stayed at a small mom and pop on the interstate..nicer, cost less, and had free breakfast....Value Inn.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank n5wbh
Texas Panhandle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had stayed here before but had decided after the last time (few years ago) not to use it again, because it was so rundown. Nevertheless, I noticed that it had been redone, according to the book, so we stayed. People who worked there were lovely, as always. Front desk and housekeeping all anxious to please. Rooms were fine. Very clean; nice tv, decent beds (though if I had to complain about one thing it would be the beds could stand to have the mattresses rotated). We were content with our lodging and will stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're pulling any kind of trailer, be sure the front desk knows it - parking in some areas i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business