“Just what we needed!”

Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reno, Nevada
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After traveling from Georgia, this hotel was what we needed for the night, The rooms are small but clean and were recently remodeled. The only bad thing is it is off of the interstate on a very dark one way road. The clerk was very helpful. The property had several groups outside but it was graduation weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sg300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Keosauqua, Iowa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This facility was a pleasant surprise. The room floor was wood grain vinyl and clean. The beds were only full size in this room but were very comfortable. The shower and bath area was spotless and the shower looked newish. The refrigerator even still had the freezing compartment door and had recently been defrosted, and the flat screen TV had a good picture. What a pleasant surprise for such low cost lodging. My Magellan GPS took me right to the hotel, and returned me there with no problem after we went out to dinner. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful to give directions to restaurants. FYI there was no coffee pot or hair dryer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We are driving across the country with an 18' trailer. We were tired & needed a clean comfortable place to crash. All of the hotels in the area are overppriced. A local suggested the Motel 6. The clerk was efficient but not pleasant. The room was clean & worth the $52.99 we paid. Other people commented on the floor being vinyl I would rather have that than nasty dirty carpet. The bed was comfortable which is huge for us. Our room had been fairly reently renovated & didn't look to bad. It was quiet. FYI there was no coffee pot or hair dryer. The only complaint I have is when I turned on the vent in the bathroom I smelled cigarette smoked. Luckily, all I had to do was turn off the vent. The sink is separate from the shower so this was no an issue. This is a Motel 6 not a hotel & the are not charging ridiculous rates. Our truck & brand new trailer were not messed with we were satisfied. Happy travels!

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Margaret B
Zimmerman, Minnesota
Reviewed March 16, 2013

we stopped at this hotel because we had driven long enough that day, and were road weary. it was a little hard to find, even with a GPS
the hotel was run down, next to a truck / trailer sort of park or camping area. there was a locked fence between the hotel parking lot and the neighboring above area. Seemed rather run down and not too nice either. I would have been afraid to stay there alone with my dogs, but since my girlfriend was along and we were tired - I excepted that we were tired and needed to stop for the night. My puppy was on edge and nervous when outside in the parking lot. Not a warm fuzzy / safe feeling place!
we had a ground room floor in back. there was very little walking area for the dogs, and my youngest dog refused to go potty anywhere in the parking lot area. my friend took her around back and found an area that she finally felt "comfortable enough to eliminate". She took a flashlight with her and found a small patch of dirt that the puppy to potty. The next morning she saw there was a lot of cactus plants back there and felt lucky that the puppy didn't step in any. No one cleaned up after their dog there except us it seems.
The room has *no carpeting* and felt cold. (didn't help it was cold and windy out).The shower head actually is being held on by some sort of tape! it looked like it was about to fall off. Water pressure was not so great.
This hotel SEALED the Deal for my girlfriend and I. I WILL NEVER Ever stay at a Motel 6 again. For the money and the tacky / run down / bare bones sort of hotels - it isn't worth ever spending another dime at Motel 6's. GROSS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a bit tricky finding this hostel, as the directions given by Motel6 and by google maps didn't quite match the actual road signs, so I had a few false starts before I actually found it. It is out in the country, next to a camping ground and that's it. Checking in, I was struck by the oddity that when you book online, you provide all the information about address and ID, yet they ask for it all over again at check in.

Anyway, the room was fine - even had a flat screen TV although not many channels. It has recently been refurbished in the new motel6 style, so had a startlingly white shower unit, a comfortable bed and neutrally toned furniture. This was very much a motel to just sleep in and move on early the next morning, but for that, it was totally adequate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
baumholder, Germany
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and i paid 56 dollars for the room we stayed in which is great for a pet friendly hotel. BUT the room doesnt have carpet its like a vinyl, the sink is separate from the bathroom the shower is just that, just a shower no tub at all. There was one towel and one wash cloth, when asked for more towels the attendant gave us 2 "pool" towels but they are the kind that go on the floor to dry up the water on the floor oh and make sure you have or arent about to run out of your soap or shampoo because there is none in the hotel. I swear i will never stay at this aweful place again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank merrydorrell
Uvalde, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ok so I went to Abilene for family reasons and was tight on money. When they say it's what you pay for its exactly right. Cheap! The first room I booked into, the air conditioning was not working. Leaking out too. My cars air was cooler it might also have been they put me where the sun was facing the windows. Not good.. And the tv was messing up as in static. Sketching out. So I went down and asked for a new room. Thank god I did, the other room was facing another wall across so I had shade. And the air condition was not leaking. It's small but the bathroom was decent size. The shower head pressure was very low. So I felt as if I was showering in rain. We had a connection door in our room. We did not know the neighbors but we could smell marijuana seeping into our room. Not a great environment for anyone. Alot of not well cleaned people hanging around outside, talking to themselves. A bit creepy. And parking. I wanted to see my vehicle outside my window at all times. It gets pretty packed. The housekeeping was nice, but our toilet and sink were still dirty and I mean like food still dried up on our sink handle and inside sink. I was disgusted to even wash my hands let alone brush my teeth.. But at only 39.00 a night it's what you play for. We checked out and went somewhere new.

Room Tip: Spend an extra 20 a night and stay somewhere else that's clean and healthier.