“Good food but nothing special”

Rosa's Cafe & Tortilla Factory
Ranked #34 of 263 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
ABILENE
“Good food but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was OK but I am not sure that I like the self serve set up. We like it well enough but not enough to go out of our way to visit again.

Visited April 2013

Littleton, Colorado
“Not what I was expecting, but it was good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were staing at the La Quinta down the road and had seen this as we came and went. One night we decided to give it a try. I had no idea it's a fast food place when we walked in since I'd never been to one before. I was very pleasantly surprised at the food and the atmosphere. Can't beat the price either! I'd go back.

Visited June 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“This restaurant is about the same as a frozen mexican dinner.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I give the restaurant props for their fast service, cheap prices, and I love that drink lids are in a dispenser so that everyone who came before you didn't handle your lid. Fresh warm flour tortillas with butter and honey were wonderful. The rest of our food, however, was not that great. It was about like a frozen dinner. Cheese enchiladas and tamales were rubbery and had no taste. The taco shell was stale, and all of the plated food was luke warm as best. It was hard to find a clean table even though the restaurant was maybe 1/3 full, so we cleaned one ourselves. We have eaten at other Rosa's locations with much better results. Don't know what happened at this one.

• Visited June 2013
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Meh - It was food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went expecting much more due to other reviews I had seen. Fast food Mexican but better than Taco Bell. The fresh-made tortillas were good.

Visited May 2013
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Mexican Dinner is a lot of food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My business companion and I were starving and so we both ordered the Mexican dinner - It was on TWO trays - enchilada, tostado, tamale, taco - wow - really too much for me and not great quality, just a lot. But they are FAST, and the access and parking are great too! No lines, walk right up and order, food is ready fast, great salsa bar.

Visited April 2013