“Waltz Across Texas”

Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Tyler, Texas
“Waltz Across Texas”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

By starting our trip from East Texas (right after work) I must say sometihing as easy off easy on is a plus! The hotel was clean (light bulb burned out, but we just took it from another to correct that situation, hey it even happens at your house and mine). Downstairs was prefered as there is not an elevator for the 2nd floor. It was QUIET, the best part of my sleep. The breakfast was palatible, just wished there was more fruit besides green bananas....We would definately stop here again on our way to New Mexico!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

When traveling long distances, you really need a good nights sleep driving across Texas. I totally recommend this hotel becuase even though it is right off the interstate, you hear NO noise. Of course turning the fan only feature on presented the white noise, but this was a very nice hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

New Braunfels, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel was excellent, however we discovered that the shower had a lot of mildew on the grouting. Overall, the accommodations were great, and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was fine, but the waffles tasted a bit sour. It could have been that the batter had been sitting out too long, or was from the day before.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Rockport, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have traveled extensively since 2005 using mostly another hotel chain. They have let their hotel go down so decided to return to Best Western. I was impressed as to the quality and comfort at this hotel. The cost was reasonable too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Best Western Grand Marina in Corpus Christi Texas , Is such an awesome place to stay . With everything you could wanna do so close by, restaurants , USS Lexington just a furry boat ride away. Not to mention the beautiful view from the balcony from each room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Keller, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel was okay, nothing to brag about, but it worked for a one night stay while I was in town for business. Hotel and room were clean. Someone else here had mentioned the WiFi not being that good, and they are absolutely correct. Constantly kicking me off, and very slow. If WiFi is a very important must, might keep that in mind. Also the bath towels were very hard. Other than that, hotel was good. Very good location right off I-20, although there is construction on the access roads, it is still easy to get to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Being a hotel owner and operator myself, I have to say this was the worst experience I have encountered. I received a call from the front desk at 11:30PM requesting me to go down and provide proof that, I was a General Manager/Partner at another Best Western. She was very polite and apologized on behalf of her owner but, she said he demanded I show some other kind of proof as he was not satisfied with what I have provided. As she was talking to the owner, I requested that I speak with him so, I could provide him the necessary information. He declined to speak with me stating he was not available as he was sleeping. The owner of this Best Western does NOT know the meaning of Hospitality. I was awaken the second time at 2:30AM by a group of kids drinking and partying by the pool. When I called the front desk to ask if, the pool was open that late she replied NO Sir. it is just a crew that have been staying with us and they are night owls. I finally decided to wake my family up in the middle of the night and go to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business