“Good Best Western, sweet staff!”

Best Western Abilene Inn & Suites
Best Western Abilene Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Came back again this year to pick our son up from the ACU camp. Since we had a nice stay last year, we knew would book the Best Western again. As I said in my last years review, we like to stay at Hilton Family Hotels but didn't need anything like that for this one night overnight stay. Check in lady was great, cheerful and changed rooms for me with no problem. Rooms were clean, bathrooms clean, and beds are very comfortable. The amount of space you get, with a sofa folding down into a bed, is truly a great deal for people who don't want to spend a whole lot of money. I know an earlier review talks about lots of trucks going in and out. On both stays we did see some work trucks parked on the side, just ordinary people traveling to and from their work destinations, but never heard any noise on both occasions we were there. We will stay there again definitely! Value is great especially if you book online!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Older hotel, but has some recent upgrades. Clean room, nice staff, hot breakfast. Nothing fancy but good for a night or two.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Txtraveler33
Reviewed February 2, 2011

This is not a good choice. It is in the middle of a vast truck stop and the trucks are sitting outside, running, all night. Mutter-mutter-mutter. There is a Holiday Inn Express down the road. Go for that.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The room was very clean and the bed was wonderful. I slept well although I do take medicine to help me sleep. The water pressure in the shower was ok. The coffee maker did not work but we just went downstairs for the coffee in the breakfast area. The breakfast had hot eggs, potatoes and sausage patties. I didn't hear any complaints from my boyfriend so I assume they were ok. The waffles were very good. The sofa was hard as a brick!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ciera1love
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I booked this Hotel for a one night stay while picking our son up from a camp. We normally don't stay at Best Western's. We have always liked the Hampton's, Holiday Inn Express, and Hilton Family Hotels. We knew we wouldn't get into Abilene until 10:00 at night so we didn't want to pay the bigger cost of the other Hotel's we normally prefer. Booked online and got it for $83. We were pleasantly surprised at the service we experienced and the cleanliness of the room along with the great staff member who checked us in that night. We will be planning on staying there again next year most definitely! I guess the only not so great thing, was the breakfast. But to us, that is no big deal considering the price!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leezer3
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Fortunately we had no problems. My son and I stayed at this Best Western when we were in Abilene for a college orientation. We checked in around 8pm. We were exhuasted and went straight to our room. It was ready and clean. The hotel was quiet except for a little kid running around in the room above us. It was still early so we did not complain. The beds were comfortable with clean white linens and had plenty of pillows. Towels were clean and fluffy. Employees were friendly. Breakfast was typical. Check out was fast and easy. Experience was exactly what I expected, nothing above and beyond. I would stay here again for the same purpose, to sleep.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LilyEllis
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My daughter and I stayed for one night. She is 7 months pregnant. When we got to the room it was warm so we turned on the AC and went out to eat. We came back and I adjusted the AC -- still warm. About 8:30 p.m. I went down to the front desk and told them there was a problem with the AC and the friendly clerk said she would report it. About 20 minutes later the unit started making a LOUD growling noise so I turned it off. I reported to the desk that the unit had died. She said she was still trying to reach someone. Waited some more. Finally a man showed up to check it. It made the same noise. He quickly decided he would have to replace it with a new one. I asked him if we could move to a new room -- couldn't understand his accent very well but he said something like "no rooms". He took the unit out of the wall and left us sitting there with a hole in the wall (at least the outside night air was cooler!). Finally a second man showed up with a new unit and the two started working on it. We went outside to wait by the pool under our room. When we heard no more banging, we went back in. At 10:15 p.m. he came back to ask if it was working. It was working fine, but all we wanted to do at that time of night was get some sleep, not answer a knock on the door! The next morning I was told there would be no discount (other than AARP that I got when I checked in) for our inconvenience. I called back to speak to the general manager/owner and the same asst. manager said he told her it only took 20 minutes to replace it (???) and all she could give me was the AARP discount -- which I would have received anyway and had nothing to do with the inconvenience of a broken airconditioner. This experience soured me on what otherwise is an okay place to stay. I won't ever go back because of the general manager / owner's attitude. There was a Hampton's Inn and a LaQuinta in the same area. I would go to one of them -- maybe their corporate policies are more customer friendly than this individual owner's "bah to the consumer" attitude!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family