“Frequent Guest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Austin, Texas
“Frequent Guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for several years while on business and have never been disappointed. The rooms are very clean Stasia and the other staff members are the friendliest in Abilene. My room is always ready when I arrive and exactly the area of the hotel I requested. Great value!

Room Tip: I enjoy staying on the 1st floor front side of the hotel. Drive right up to the room. Very well lit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wiexpo, Director of Sales at Whitten Inn University, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for making Whitten Inn University your home away from home. We appreciate your business and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Be sure to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been staying @ the Whitten Inn- University for a couple months now and am very impressed with the affordability, cleanliness, and service of this motel. Continental breakfast every morning, coffee and bananas available throughout the day, consistent daily room service, affordable rates and a friendly front desk staff make this motel stand out from most others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We know how important it is to save money. Traveling can be very costly. The Whitten Inn University understands that and we want to be as affordable as possible, but not to take away from quality and service. It is nice when you can have all of that in one place. Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stasia and the staff at this hotel go well beyond what you would normally expect from a hotel. They are always friendly and attentive and will do whatever necessary to make your stay comfortable and easy. We have stayed here numerous times over the last 8 years and this is always our first choice for a place to stay in Abilene. The rooms have been updated and the beds are comfortable. We met several family members here on our last stay and enjoyed visiting with them over breakfast in the common area of the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
When you visit different places and meet people you remember those who care. Whitten Inn University cares about each guest that stays with us. We will always go the extra mile to make sure when you leave you remember your stay with us. Please be sure to call us when returning to the Abilene area so we can make your reservation. Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I entered Abilene with no reservation and money being held by another hotel. I stopped by 5 places before I got to Whitten. When I entered, Stephanie was so kind and caring of my situation! Even though they were "booked full", she STILL got me in for the 8 days I needed to stay in Abilene. Between her and Stasia, and honeslty, ALL of the employees, from the kitchen staff to the cleaning staff, they made my less than comfortable situation seem to vanish with their acts of kindness and caring compassion. I WILL BE BACK, no doubt about that!! LOCATION was very convenient as well - near where I needed to be.

Room Tip: There is a little construction going on, but it really didn't hinder my stay. Pool was not op...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. It is nice when hard times hit home, but you find a place that makes you smile. Be sure to stay with us next time you are in the Abilene area.
Ferris, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at two different Whitten Inn locations in the past (Abilene-University and Van Horn,TX.) The owners Mr & Mrs Whitten and the staff (Wendy and Mr.Whitten in Van Horn and Stasia in Abilene) are AWESOME!! I refuse to stay at any other hotels on I-20 between Dallas,TX and El Paso,TX (and I have tried others) If you want to feel like you are staying with family then Whitten Inn is the place to stay. I am a woman traveling alone so I have to be very careful where I stay. Mr. Whitten or whoever is at the front desk will always have my room ready and then they go above and beyond by calling me after I have gotten in my room to make sure I am ok and locked in safely if it's at night. Everyone is friendly and always ready to help make my stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Today I was going to stay at the Van Horn,TX location but due to inclement weather I had to make an overnight stay in Abilene. As soon as Mr. Whitten found out I had checked in he told the front desk clerk (Stasia) to take care of me and asked her to give me a room with a king size bed because he knows what my preferences are (I travel between Dallas,TX and Phoenix,AZ every 4-6 wks.) And on top of the excellent customer service I get the rooms are super clean, bed is comfortable,everything works,breakfasts are great,water is hot,the price is even greater. What else can I say? Except to tell you to check it out for yourselves and you'll find that you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have never been disappointed with any of the rooms in Abilene,TX and I always get the same room in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Janie2004
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. When you find that right place to stay it is a good feeling. Please be sure to call the hotel so we can make your reservation next time you are coming to the Abilene area. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stay here when we come to Abilene. The rooms are clean, pet friendly, great weekly rate, close to restaurants and Wal-Mart. Not to mention the front desk staff is very friendly! Stasia is awesome! If you're here on business or pleasure stay here!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate our guest letting us know how we are doing. Please be sure to stay with us again when you are planning to come to the Abilene area.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Finally decided to stay here and really have no complaints...Super comfortable beds, really clean, and friendly/helpful staff...I think i have found my new destination when i come to abilene....Im really happy with no complaints only praise. I was pretty impressed!

Room Tip: This is the Whitten Inn to stay at when you come to Abilene.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business