“Bummed out in Abilene......”
Review of Whitten Inn

Whitten Inn
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed February 15, 2004

I guess I got the only bad room at the Whitten University!!! I did not get clean sheets, as advertised on the roadside signs. I got dirty, wrinkled, dingy sheets that had been turned wrong side out from the previous guest in this room. The blankets were dirty, and the bedspread had a large, body fluid stain in the middle of it. The bathroom floor was dirty, as well as the toilet bottom. Very disgusting!!! The heating system is so noisy, it sounds like a freight train going through the room, and could not be adjusted to a comfortable temperature. Where was the boss?? This senior did not love the Whitten Inn University!
Sorry.........Beware......

• Stayed: February 2004
5  Thank burymeinmycar

Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 21, 2004

Great Hotel! Very Clean Rooms. Excellent staff. Very friendly. Great rates also. Everything to expect from an American owned Hotel compared to others that are not. Will definately be back in the future.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 28, 2003

Our son's wedding party stayed at the Whitten. Everyone loved it. Many commented that it was the cleanest motel they'd ever seen. Everyone was so helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I'd recommend the Whitten to anyone. They made that part of planning the wedding a breeze.

3  Thank Karonh72
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2003

The Receptionist, I belive her name was Sasha, was rude and unattentive. She never smiled, quick to speak and seemed not to care much for my concerns. I brought a coupon, and she told me that it was no good even before I finish pulling it out. I have bad knees and asked for a lower level. She snap that there was no room, so I ask for help and her reply was thank you, your room will be ready in 30 minutes to an hour. Her helper was very freindly but she was obnoxious, rude, and unneccessaryly gashful. While standing there a gentlmen conplain that his toliet ran all nite long and no one would help him/ fix it. Ms.
Sasha, screamed at a young men behind her, and proceeded to repromind him in public. Very unprofessional. Except for her, my experience was tolerable.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lake Charles,LA
Reviewed September 15, 2003

I stayed at the Whitten Inn for 9 months as a traveling nurse and was totally satisfied. It was my first assignment away from home with no family and no friends. But that did not last long.!!!!!!! The Whitten Inn family adopted me and took care of me, watched out for me, and met all my needs. Words cannot express the excellent professional service from the front door to the end of the pool. Once when I was sick, they checked on me to make sure there was nothing I needed. When my car broke down, they made sure I got to work. If you are looking for a big chain with no friendly touch then the whitten is not for you. But if you want to feel like a KING or QUEEN for a time this is defenitely the place. I love them all. Jackie Jubert

Bryan,TX
Reviewed September 2, 2003

Great Place!I've stayed at this location (I-20 location) for years.Through out all the management changes the Whitten's are the best. Mrs Whitten has been there most times to help with checking me in.(Training and directing) Mr Whitten is usualy there when I check out.(A super nice guy). The staff has always been nice and very helpful. Great breakfast! Great TV with lots of chanels! and now high speed internet!
"Oh yea.... I'm home"!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kenosha wisconsin
Reviewed August 29, 2003

it was nothing but a nightmare. i called the front desk because people were drunk and loud outside my room. nothing was done about it. then in the morning i had water coming down into my room from upstairs. i asked for a partial refund on this room and was told they were only gonna give me 9.00 dollars. what a joke! anyways i will be taking this further. i asked the girl to call the cops for me and she refused. i called them myself so they could witness what the room looked like. i now have a police report, and will be contacting a laywer to have this resolved. also i took pictures of everything before i left. if you cant rectify this situation then you will hear from my laywer.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Abilene hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20
Candlewood Suites Abilene
#24 of 37 in Abilene
Comfort Inn & Suites Regional Medical Center
Sleep Inn & Suites University

Been to Whitten Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Whitten Inn

Address: 1625 Texas Highway 351, Abilene, TX 79601-4745
Location: United States > Texas > Abilene
Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
#1 Best Value Hotel in Abilene
#3 Family Hotel in Abilene
Price Range: $64 - $77 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Whitten Inn 2*
Interior corridor rooms with exterior accessing doors. All rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. Happy hour nightly. Fitness room, outside pool, breakfast cooked daily and business center. RV lot and deluxe suites also available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Whitten Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Whitten Inn University Hotel Abilene