Whitten Inn
Residence Inn Abilene(Abilene)
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleantruck broke downcontinental breakfastgreat night sleepwafflesonce a yearel pasowill stay there againnice stayholiday inngreat place to stayuniversitymotelcouponwalmarttexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've stayed at this motel a couple of times and like it a lot. As another reviewer has observed it was probably a Holiday Inn 40 years ago. The Whitten's have done a good job of keeping the older property pretty nice. I like these type of two-story courtyard motels with outside rooms that one can park near. The room was clean, the bed was good and there were more amenities than I expected for the price (microwave, fridge, large flat screen TV, free WiFi, breakfast). I wish the Whitten's managed more older properties!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is an older hotel (probably an old Holiday Inn); locally owned. Definitely not a 5 star, but its clean and I feel safe when I stay there. Staff is very friendly and makes me feel at home. It's close to restaurants, gas stations, and the interstate. Free wireless and breakfast. It was worth the price and would stay there again. It's a good place for a sleepover...don't expect a resort.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lamorgan55
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I didn't think they made hotels like this anymore. I have not stayed in such a cheap and low quality hotel as this in 40 years. Office attendent was nice, and so was staff. My main complaint is the quality of the hotel. Small rooms, room door opens up to the outside. (feels unsafe) espically in such close proximity to I-20. You never know who is lurking about. Lots of noise here from other guest. Pay the extra money and stay at a higher quality and more modern hotel. That my advice. The only positive here is that Cracker Barrell is just across the street!

Room Tip: Find a better quality hotel in this area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Nice place to stay for one night. Rooms are clean, staff are friendly. Nice breakfast.
Limited semi truck parking
Omar's Mexican food next door. Cheap COLD beer only. I wouldn't go back for the food
Chili's across the street

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed here after my flight got cancelled. It is an older hotel and is lacking on some of the amenities that newer hotels will offer. It does have wifi, but it was so slow that I couldn't use it; I had to tether my phone to get Internet.
The room was clean and acceptable. It is in a good location, not too far from the airport, with many close-by choices for restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business