“Good fish for not being on the coast”

Skeet's Texas Grill
Ranked #9 of 275 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Description: Http://www.yelp.com/biz/skeets-texas-grill-abilene
Description: Http://www.yelp.com/biz/skeets-texas-grill-abilene
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had heard that Skeet's had good fish, but I am not much of a believer that a restaurant this far away from the coast could have good fish. This is one of those exceptions. I ordered the Southern Style Fish, which is a cornmeal breading over a white fish and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I went in to this thinking the worst, but hoping for the best. I was pleasantly surprised. My wife also order seafood, the Coconut Shrimp and it too was very good.

Sides included a baked potato and green beans, both of which were good. If you are looking for a decent fish in Abilene, try Skeet's on Southwest Drive. They have a drive thru too, so you can call in an order and take it home to eat.

I was amazed at how many people came into to eat while we were there. The place is not very big, but it is very busy. Must mean they are doing something right.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had friends visiting from out of town who wanted to go to a local spot, so we took them to Skeet's. The restaurant is pretty small, but they were able to get us a table for 8 together. Skeet's has a great variety of food on the menu without being overwhelming. Folks in our party had fish tacos (yum), cheeseburger (yum), Boston burger & fries (double yum), chicken friend steak (yum), onion rings (delish), and barbecued chicken breasts. The service was terrific and friendly, and the food came out hot and speedy. Don't let the exterior (strip shopping center) or the interior (tiny and not fancy) deter you from eating here! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I love the fish tacos! My husband had the Santa Fe hamburger and he really liked it!
Our waitress,Chassie was very sweet and efficient! We will go back when we are in Abilene!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our B&B owner recommended this little place to us for "authentic" Texas Steaks and fare. I will admit that upon walking in I was far from impressed...to call it 'no frills' is an understatement, the place is a bit run-down and far from gleaming, BUT the food and service made up for this ten fold. We were seated immediately, despite arriving so close to closing. Our orders were taken promptly, but never were we made to feel rushed. I ordered a mushroom burger and my boyfriend ordered the peppered steak. Food came out quickly and cooked perfectly to order.

Let me just say this....we both could not believe how amazing both the burger and steak were, we actually were arguing over which plate was better!

Again, so glad I went, ordered and ate -- was the best beef we had in Texas! Can't beat that!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

love the place, food was good and the service was excellent. I sure will return, I recommed it to anyone who wants a home cook meal.