“Great steak...”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #1 of 266 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weatherford, Texas
“Great steak...”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

The Beehive has excellent steaks. My husband and I shared the 14 oz filet cooked medium and an extra salad. The steak was cooked just right, with good flavor and very tender. The ceasar salad had a good flavor. The rolls has a nice buttery garlic flavor. My husband ordered a beer and I had the house merlot. Our total was $49. Our server was very nice and checked on us often even though all of the tables had customers.

Dallas, Texas
“Good Food, Good Service, Generous Portions”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Based on other reviews, we decided to lunch at The Beehive, but I have to admit that I was a bit concerned about prices. There was no need for concern! It was delectable, and we thoroughly enjoyed each dish along with the atmosphere. My friends thought their sandwiches were perfection, and my somewhat complicated request was exactly as I asked.

First out were fresh, hot from the oven rolls and our drinks (water with lemon). The rolls were impossible to ignore, and we indulged in them: soft and flavorful, with real butter, they were heavenly. Salad, chopped steak, and potatoes au gratin completed my meal. There was enough for a full take-with box for another meal. And the cost was reasonable for the size of the portions.

We'll return the very next time we visit Abilene, and we won't wait too long because we found the whole town to be charming, intellectual, and downright delightful.

• Visited July 2014
“Little Expensive”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Service was very good, even with a large rush. Thank you James for doing as so well with the crowd.

Food was average, portions for the cost were small. Helping America with our waistlines.

Visited August 2014
“One of our favorite restaurants downtown”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We love going downtown to eat at the Beehive before seeing a play or musical. We love the ham steaks with bake potatoe, salad and a mason glass of sweet tea. It's a great family owned business and they have friendly staff. Don't forget to save room for some yummy goodies to round off the prefect meal. I normally take home half of the ham and baked potatoe because they are so large. Thanks always for a great evening.

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“fantastic dinner in Abilene!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Just in Abilene for one night but luckily happened into this place which was really nice. Very per sonable and efficient wait staff - very good food and very nice atmosphere. Absolutely would look forward to dining here again!

• Visited August 2014

Been to The Beehive? Share your experiences!