“Great food, a little over the top with seasoning”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #2 of 281 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went out with a young couple to celebrate a birthday. The cauliflower appetizer was very good and the bread warm with fresh butter. My daughter had the ham and cheese sandwich, which was piled so high with ham, she had to take some off to get it in her mouth. My wife had the almond sea bass which looked very nice with lots of almonds, but she said it was overseasoned with the spicy hot rub. The two steaks were done perfectly, served hot, but both were very heavy with the rub, spicy, burn your mouth red pepper hot. We had two orders of the grilled asparagus and they were big beautiful asparagus, done perfectly, but again had the spicy hot rub. If you like the spicy spicy, you'll enjoy, otherwise, I'd ask them not to season things as much. Great ambiance, but plan on a wait as they don't take reservations.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Well, that is unless you consider the original Beehive which is located in Albany, TX - then it's a tie. The steaks a flavorful, juicy, cut-it-with-a-fork tender and perfectly cooked. Don't be surprised to see Nariman, one of the owners, bussing tables, taking out orders and in general making sure everything is perfect at every table. Ali, his brother, runs the one in Albany and you'll see him pitching in as well, along with the rest of his family. Great food, great atmosphere. Sometimes there's a wait to get a table- but you can be sure it is well worth it.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I drove 3 hours last night to join our son, who had a one day stop at Dyess AFB, for dinner at this favorably rated restaurant. We arrived earlier than he and we requested to be seated while we waited. This request was denied by the hostess, who stated that it was the policy of the owners to not seat a party until it was complete. The restaurant was nearly empty and this decision seemed rigid. We then went to the bar to wait and when I mentioned the situation to the bartender, he tossed the napkin on the table and walked away.
I requested to speak to a manager, who agreed to seat us and to speak to the bartender.
The food was sub par given the price. The steaks were not properly trimmed and contained sinew. but the green chile soup was very good.
The high point of the meal was our waiter, Rosario, who was very pleasant and attentive.
We do not understand the favorable reviews this restaurant has received.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Previous reviews are mixed so we hesitated. So glad we went. The Beehive salad is excellent with lots of ingredients. With dinner you are offered three salad choices or soup. Entrees come with a baked potato or fries. I had the small filet and my husband had the rib eye. Both were cooked to perfection and very tender. Service was great.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

How this restaurant ranks #1 I'll never know, bread was cold & hard, salad was just some lettuce spread on plate with 2 slices of tomato, blue cheese dressing was watered down, rib eye steak was way over priced & under cooked because steaks have been frozen. Will not be back!

1  Thank stumpytexan

Been to The Beehive? Share your experiences!