“Clean, Hospitable, and Secure”

WoodSpring Suites Abilene
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I found the Value Place to be very clean and a comfortable place to call home. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and all have kitchens and a full size refrigerator! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Luke K

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The room at first site was very clean...but the first night I was unpleasantly surprised by a cockroach climbing out from behind the headboard (which was attached to the wall), We reported it immediately to the front desk and asked that the room be sprayed and inspected. We received minimal response and I am pretty sure that while we vacated the room for the day nothing was done. We continued to see them the entire week we stayed.
The rooms are very basic and it felt like we were in an interogation room in the evenings because the only lighting is an overhead fixture. The beds are mattresses on a wooden platform....extremely hard.
Everything is extra at this place from internet, linens and coffee pot. For an extra fee they will provide housekeeping service once a week.
One morning we were awakened at 7:30am by staff shampooing carpet in the hallway...We asked them if they could do this a little later in the morning and they just stared at us and kept shampooing. Some people work nights and this was pretty inconsiderate.
We needed an additional room for 2 nights and at first they declined as the minimum stay is a week. The property was not full and had vacancies. Manager came back and said they wanted to help us out and would give us an extra room for two nights for the weekly rate..."because you would have to pay that much at a regular hotel for two nights". Well at a "regular" hotel we would have free internet, housekeeping, free breakfast and no cockroaches. We declined their generous offer and would have left if we had not pre-paid and signed a contract for the week.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jmbannister
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I loved it! the staff really made me feel at home. There was a guest that snuk a dog in and then were mad at the staff when they had to leave. I thought it was great to see management take care of the problem and enforce the rules. There are those of us who cannot be around pet dander and I am one. I will always stay at ValuePlace whenever I am in Abilene. The manager, Monica was very friendly. Also the cleaning staff was friendly and efficient. Thanks guys for making me not be homesick!.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 2rivers1987
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Hotel rooms are about the same anywhere you go - quality and price are words that don't even matter in the lodging industry because if the quality and price were not up to par, then this place would be non-existent. With that said, service is the distinguishing factor at any hotel and the service here was extremely rude. My company put us up in this extended stay and we always travel with a little dog, so when an employee walked in on my wife WITHOUT KNOCKING and then YELLED AT HER for having a dog (which we were unaware was against the rules), I decided to talk to the front desk and peacefully explain our situation. I explained to them our situation and told them that we would find a new place to stay, but that we may need a few days to pack all of our things and move out. The desk attendant was very rude and told me I had one night to either GET RID OF OUR DOG or GET OUT. When I asked her if we should just be "homeless for a few days" her response was "Not my problem..."

I can understand that there are rules and policies for different hotels, but in a SERVICE industry you might expect a little bit more SERVICE and ACCOMMODATION.

This was my FIRST TIME staying at a "Value Place" and it will DEFINITELY BE MY LAST. This hotel offers clean rooms and cheap, rude service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank mickswen
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Value Place is home for my family right now and we love it. The extended stay helps so many people and it is a great idea. Having a kitchen and every convenience at your touch. What I really love is the laundry room just down stairs were you can go back to your room and not worry about it. This Abilene location is so clean too. And none it would be possible without the wonderful staff. They make my families stay feel like home Monica, Julia, Alan, Steve, and Debbie. Thank you for being so wonderful to us. If you ever come to Abilene and need a place to stay or you need some where to go just for extended this is the place. Lisa

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank elizabethspencer10
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I have spent a month here and can not think of a better place to stay. A full size refrigerator, cooktop, and microwave make cooking easy. The staff is friendly, the establishment clean, and the location is great. I am a contractor and the ability to cook and not have to eat out in restaurants is very convenient. Also, the high speed hard wired internet for $10 extra a week is a great value.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank k9taos
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I actually moved in here in late Jun and will be leaving soon in late Oct., so i have been here long enough to get a good feel for the overall experience. I was the first one to sleep in the bed, cuz the place was new, and every time they change the linens it is just as fresh as bran new. Housekeeping keeps the rest of the studio fresh as well. The kitchenette is ample big enough for efficient cooking-fridge is full size-microwave bigger turkey type. Entry foyer is tiled and big enough to park my bicycle. Building is 4 story so you can get some shade for your vehicle outta this Texas sun. West side rooms get sunset and eastern get sunrise. I have seen staff relocate residents to another room to get more quiet. Every time I locked myself out of my room staff has been plenty happy to let me back in or make me another key. Near to eateries, starbucks, mall with boooksamillion. Easy drive to air force base. Wud be nice to have a rod to hang clothes on in 24hr well air contioned and mantained laundry room. Only other thing is I have allergies and carpet has not bothered me at all-and there is no padding so their machine should be able to keep it fresh! Say hello to manager Monica, polite office guy Michael, big Allen, stay awake steve, and the busy cleaners Debbie and Julia.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business