“Displaced Family”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our family was displaced due to a house fire. We stayed at another hotel where we had to have two rooms for our large family. After researching, I found Sleep Inn. They had a room with 2 bedrooms (3 beds) plus a living area as well as pet friendly. As we walked in, we were so amazed. Very clean and inviting. Very impressed all the way around. Breakfast was nice and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. Rooms were clean and beds were confortable! Wished we found this hotel the first night. The only two things I would change would be the breakfast on weekdays. It didn't start until 6:30, but we had to leave for work at that time. 6:00 breakfast on weekdays would have been nicer, but we grabbed breakfast on the way out. Also, it seemed there were smoking rooms and we could smell it when we got off the elevator, but never in our room. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks again for the wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you are a large family, choose the 2 bedroom suite. Very large with three beds plus a pull out c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Displaced Family,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding the spacious suites, breakfast, cleanliness and friendlyness of our entire staff.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are lond and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recogniezes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say "thank you".

We really appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast hours and smoke odor and have taken steps to correct this matter.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit and also hope you will recommend us for future lodging needs.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time seeking out and staying at a pet friendly hotel and I must say it exceeded my expectations. Being in the hotel industry (supporting competing brands) I was very skeptical.

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived however the housekeeping staff quickly activated and had our room cleaned in about 20 minutes. The front desk told me they had a few housekeeping team members not show up and was very apologetic. These things happen so I was okay considering how the team went out of their way to get us in our room as fast as possible.

When our room was ready the same housekeeping staff that cleaned our room was in the hallway and gave us a very warm welcome and told us to let them know if there was anything we needed.

The room which was one of their regularly designated pet friendly rooms was very clean and new and smelled great as well. My only suggestion for the hotel is to improve the shower area. The lighting in the shower was not great and the dark grout in that area left a slightly dirty impression.

Overall the experience was above average mainly as a result of the very friendly housekeeping team!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Danny S

Dear Danny S.,

I am writing to thank you for taking the time to complete our online TripAdvisor survey with such positive feedback.. I have shared your response with our housekeeping staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words of praise regarding their service.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. However, it is only through our guests' eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I loved our stay here. First time in Abilene, my husband and I stayed 2 nights. The 2nd room after I requested to be moved was on the 1st floor, it was beautiful, clean and very comfortable.
I would suggest that if you are very sensitive to smoke that you request a nonsmoking floor. not just the room, the first one we had was on 3rd floor and the back parts are smoking, our area was not but the hall was very heavy with it and you could smell it some when in the room. I don't begrudge them having the smoking area I have family who does, but I have a health issue which I cannot breathe it. When I asked for us to be moved it was done with no objection from the lady at the front, she and all other employees were very helpful, friendly, and I definitely would stay there again. Also it was pet friendly ,we were there to adopt our baby Chorkie. Tinker Bell.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding your recent stay with us.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Again, let me thank you for your kinds words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The decor was amazing..the rooms were even nicer...the staff was great...we are a PCSing to California and out of the other hotels we stayed at, this one by far the best...If we didn't have to keep driving I would have stayed an extra night. They are pet friendly and had infant beds available which are the two things we needed being that we had a cat and a child...I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to recieve your kind words of praise regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Abilene.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recogniezes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and also for taking the time to complete our online TripAdvisor survey. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit to Abilene.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Every time I stay here the staff is very courteous and friendly. The hotel is very clean, and breakfast is hot and ready for you. I've never had any problems when I stay here. I recommend staying here if visiting Abilene.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank for taking the time to complete our online survey on TripAdvisor with such positive feedback. My staff joins me in thanking you for your kind words of praise regarding you visits to Abilene.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is so clean it puts all others in this price range to shame. The front desk was courteous and helpful. The rooms were spacious. I loved the walk in shower. Linens were clean and fresh. Bed was cozy confortable. I could nor see me paying for a Hilton or Marriot and getting anything much better. This is the only place to stay in Abilene as far as I am concerned. No need to spend a lot of money for a great hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Dustyluv:

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise and also for taking the time to complete our online TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay with us.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their nights stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! We traveled to Abilene with our cheer squad for the United Cheer competition Jan 18, 2014, and this hotel came to our rescue when the hotel we had booked in December had unexpectedly changed our rooms to accommodate a large conference. For that story, see The Hilton Garden Inn review. THIS hotel was AMAZING!!! The Hilton's poor choice in customer service became a BLESSING in disguise, because The Sleep Inn was clean and comfortable with a great hot breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and good coffee! They put all FOUR of our rooms together. The rooms were BIG with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. Great beds. I am very picky about mattresses and this hotel offers a great nights sleep. The location is super convenient to the mall, convention center and the zoo. The rate is also amazing. The staff checked on our needs and was genuinely concerned about us the entire time. Thank you, Sleep Inn for a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!! Our cheerleaders won two FIRST place trophies and one SECOND place! Thanks for a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast for our students!

Room Tip: Select the third floor for more privacy and quieter night! Breakfast was hot and fresh all morning!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Nayna P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey on TripAdvisor with such positive feedback.

On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding your accommodations and our hospitality.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's effors, and takes the tie to say thank-you.

Again, let me thank you for your kinds words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we are looking forward to your next visit.