“Good Place for a Stop Over”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Abilene Mall
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed February 6, 2014

When I'm traveling for business, I always look for a LaQuinta. This LaQuinta is very nice. My check-in was very quick and efficient. My room was lovely (as usual) and I had plenty of space. I was in room 215, and for some reason the refrigerator didn't get as cold as I would have liked. However, you make do with what you have. Now, I am an advocate of a nice continental breakfast. The breakfast was standard with a waffle maker, muffins, toast, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, and eggs...etc. It was ok, but I was a little disappointed that they didn't have cheese danishes and bagels. Since it was free, I guess I can't complain too much. To kind of make up for this breakfast, there are plenty of restaurants which are right down the street (literally). In addition, WalMart was on the same street as the hotel and this was a bonus as I had to stop and pick up a few things. Like the check in process, checking out was a piece of cake. Overall, this was a good place to stop over and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 27, 2014

In our rush to leave we also left behind our iPad. We didn't notice until we'd arrived back in South Dakota--but the staff at La Quinta, Abilene Mall, noticed. We had messages on our phones when we arrived home. The manager informed us it was secure so we didn't worry about information theft, and in record time it was shipped back. That's responsible property management. Even before La Quinta solved our property problem, we had complimented the staff about their clean halls, rooms, exercise room, and breakfast room. Very pet friendly, and very personable to travelers from check-in to departure. I've stayed in many La Quintas, but this one in Abilene set the bar way high.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Moody, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Staff were very friendly. Room was very clean. Bathroom was very clean also. With a 3 year old was very comfortable letting her take a bath in the tub. Breakfast had many healthy options, especially for the 3 year old. We did not bring a pet, but saw three in the lobby. They are very pet friendly. Plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We checked in, and were given a welcome note with our doggie bag, room was clean, and spacious, and QUIET!

We ended up going next door to Denny's for dinner, What a mistake! (Don't!) They were having some kind of convention or meeting when we got there, and there were not many parking spaces ... by the time we got back from eating, there were a few open, as some of the local people attending the meeting left ...

Very comfortable pillow top bed, slept like a log!

Breakfast was make your own waffles (only one machine) but tasty, and sausage, and gravy and biscuit's ... Instant oatmeal, and cold cereals ...

We are going to NC to see my Dad, we plan on stopping here on the way back! Even though it is a little ways off I-20 ...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Clean and well maintained. Tori was friendly at reception. Recommended stop if passing through Abilene on I20, but it's a little off the highway down 84. As usual, La Quinta caters to dogs - much appreciated vs the prejudice of other chains.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a wonderful la Quinta inn. After driving most of the day we choose Abilene for a stop over I am so glad we choose this property. The night clerk was friendly and helpful when I called to book the room the room was great. Very clean very well stocked and really the best bed I has slept on in 8 days of travel. The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked with a very friendly hostess. I would definitely stay again. Rate was good also

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Thanks to prior reviews we decided to stay at this location because we have a large dog. Really nice hotel. The room was spacious as was the bathroom, most importantly, very clean. Nice area to walk our dog as well. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple