“Great food, worth the trip to this little place”
Review of Middle East Restaurant - CLOSED

Middle East Restaurant
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I travel 5 days of the week and eat 5 times in different restaurants during the same week so that tells you I have experience rating restaurants, here is my opinion on this one.

GREAT:
Lunch on a mid week day, food DELICIOUS, salad really good, FREE soup at the beginning was great, plenty of parking spaces available and establishment sore of clean.

NOT THAT GREAT:

Service was somehow slow since there is only one guy there, he serves, cooks, is the cashier and all in one nice package that is why food takes forever but worth the wait.
Cokes are not served with ice just the can, it could get better if you get ice.

Nothing really bad about this place, if the service gets faster that will be the greatest restaurant ever, food again was DELICIOUS, recommend it to give it a try.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Outstanding lamb kifka! Been here several times, each time it has been great. Spicy soup not so much, but everything else I've orders has been wonderful. Owner has a story to tell...listen, he is an original and is a really nice guy! Thanks for the good food and your service!

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to try it but Wow! Some of the best food I've ever had in my life and definitely the best service. For first timers try the gyro or kabobs and you must get the baklava for dessert. The owner will let you sample things and make your dining experience one of a kind.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I live 45 minutes away and I drive to abilene at least twice a week just to eat here. Sabbah is the kindest man I've ever met. I always get the gyro sandwich and I am never disappointed! He always give me samples of the other foods but I'm one of those who always eats the same thing. The hummus is outstanding! The spicy soup is good but don't eat it if you can't handle super hot food. Well worth the trip and very good price.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The food here is absolutely delicious! It's hot, fresh, & flavorful. The owner is very nice and thoughtful. He gave me samples of other food and I thought that was very kind of him. A great place to visit! I'll go there again before I leave Abilene.