“Worth the trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The food here is absolutely delicious! It's hot, fresh, & flavorful. The owner is very nice and thoughtful. He gave me samples of other food and I thought that was very kind of him. A great place to visit! I'll go there again before I leave Abilene.

• Visited December 2013

Dallas
“Go Here Now!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a family owned restaurant with authentic food and a varied menu for meat lovers and vegetarians. The food is fresh and prepared to order. If you need a little pep, try the Turkish coffee with a little sugar. Yum. The lentil soup is very good as well. Its all good......Dive right in.

• Visited October 2013
Texas
“Something Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

While on vacation in Abilene, we wanted to try something different for lunch. The owner, who ran the place by himself, was very kind. There were two types of soup for an appetizer. The lentil soup was wonderful, and the spicy soup was just that, spicy! He brought out complementary hummus, pita bread, and yogurt as our wait was a bit long. It was well worth it though. The greek salad was very good, and my husband said the chicken shewarma was the best restaurant food he had ever eaten. Both my kids enjoyed the beef and chicken kabobs. The portions were large, and the prices about average. If you decide to visit, allow extra time, but expect a delicious meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great first middle eastern food experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Being someone that always wants to try something different especially something that I can't get back home in central TX, this place was unique to say the least. Too bad it appears only the locals/regulars know about this place. As the other reviews also mentioned, don't let the strip mall location keep you from trying this place; the food was as authentic as it gets. Decor is lacking, but background music helped. Food portions are enough for 2 people; price was very reasonable. The lentil soup was excellent; caution as the spicy soup lives up to its name. I shared an appetizer sampler with my wife and we should have stopped there considering the portions, but we ordered a main course anyway. I'd highly recommend any one of the the three appetizer samplers if you want a wide variety and experience; we shared #2. My wife had #22 Gyros plate and I had #33 Makloba; the chef first delivered an empty plate, then he returned with a steaming pot, placed the plate on top, and then flipped it all over. Needless to say we had leftovers to take with us, yet we still tried the chef recommended dessert: Baklawa; another great treat. Overall, a great experience. I'll be back to visit and try something different.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Corpus Christi, TX
“Best Middle Eastern Food In Texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Welcome surprise! We were not sure what to think upon arrival, atmosphere is a bit plain. The food was excellent, very authentic from start to finish (soup to baklava and Arabic coffee). The portions are just the right size. Very friendly. We will be back next time we are in Abilene!

• Visited July 2013