“Awesome service and food!”
Review of Middle East Restaurant - CLOSED

Middle East Restaurant
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We just moved to the area and were excited to find that they had Arabic food! The people were very friendly and were very helpful letting us know about their menu. ( since we have not ever tried this type of food before) The owner himself came to our table and served us and was glad to hear our reviews on his menu. Lamb was amazing. Chicken melted in your mouth. Soups were to die for! I'm for sure going back again with my husband. You will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Kaylamartin430

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've eaten here twice so far. My first trip was based on the reviews that I read and the second trip was based on my excellent experience on my first trip. The owner was very friendly. I'm a little curious about the negative reviews post so far on this restaurant because I've had nothing but great food and great service. I was treated like I was sitting in their home. The restaurant is nothing fancy and the food may not come out quickly but it is worth the wait. If you want fast food, go to McDonalds. If you want a unique experience, try this place out.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We LOVE Middle East Restaurant. The food is SO flavorful and the recipes come straight from the owners kitchen. We have tried so many different meals, but I love the Gyro plate the most. My husband will often try and order chicken, but they feel strongly about their lamb there, so we have yet to get the chicken. That is part of the flavor of this place. The owner knows what is best and he makes sure you get the best. The baklava for dessert is so delicious, they can run out so we always order it with our meal. The food is cooked to order, so it is not fast food, but the wait is worth every minute. The soup is always included with the meal, so while we wait we will enjoy some spicy lentil and chicken soup. We keep going back! We love this place!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

very good, great soup, unique esp to abilene. You should give it it try.
people are very friendly and will help to recommened.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived on a Friday evening worried we wouldn't get a table because, based on these reviews, we thought it would be crowded. Wrong.

We were the only ones in the place, except for the employee, who is probably the son of the owner. He was completely indifferent about our arrival. The tables were dirty (but set with napkins etc.), there was a dead cockroach on the floor. We walked out without even ordering, so we cannot comment on the food. The owner must have taken a night off. Also, I'm guessing WZ's review is a fake.

The beehive was a much better option for us.

1  Thank zapityzap