“DO Not Stay Here!!!”

Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
colorado
“DO Not Stay Here!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

It is not worth the price!!! I should have cancelled the reservation when I walked in and the lobby was full of cigeratte smoke! The tub was so slippery that I had to take a sponge bath sitting on the side of the tub. The security bar was coming out of the moldy wall. I was afraid that I was going to get bed bugs!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed September 10, 2008

The hotel is located in a safe area. We stayed in the heat of the summer-the wall unit air conditioner worked great. When we turned it off, we noticed how much traffic you could hear from the Interstate. This is probably the case for any of the hotels off of the Interstate. The sheets had some stains. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Dirty sheets
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clyde Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2008

This hotel was very clean like other in Abilene . We we got there everybody was very good to us. And also we had breakfast every morning and I was very proud of them about the becasue we didn't have to pay for it. It came with the room.

Thank you so much for everthing that ya'll have done for us. We will be staying there soon .

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank babyblueeyes08
Ellicott City Maryland
Reviewed October 25, 2006

This is when we were travelling on our visit to my brother's family last Nov (2005) in TX we had a stopover.

The staff helped us identify that we can take a shorter route to our destination.

Mapquest indicated that the remaining journey was for another 8 hours.

Guess what???????

Staff drew a map for us - we reached is 5 and 1/2 hours.

Very friendly staff. Good service and helpful tips.

Sent a thankyou card for them.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2006

We had a great stay at the Days Inn Abilene. I called 25 motels two days before the Bit & Spur show, could not find a room till I called Days Inn, they have two rooms. The review was not that good, but I needed a room. The price were very good, the wall could have been cleaner, but were OK. The room & pool were both clean, friendly staff, when I told them the tub was not draining good, the worked on it that day. This Days Inn need a better review rating!!!!!!
I will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2005

This past January my husband and I flew to Abilene to visit family. We didn't want to put anyone out and like our privacy so we decided to stay at the Days Inn since it was so close. Now my husband and I travel a lot and typically stay at somewhat budget motels but this..this!...place caused my eyes to bleed. No problems checking in but we opened the door to our room and OMG! it was just squalid. The wallpaper was peeling, there were splash marks all over the walls, the caulk in the tub was moldy, there were grease marks on the sheets and pillowcases and this room was tiny! There were also people hanging around outside our room drinking beer. We sucked it up for one night and after giving my husband the "eye", he called around and got us into the LaQuinta down the road. Total breath of fresh air, roomy and clean. Moral of the story? From now on, LaQuinta it is!

3 Thank MinnieMomMichigan

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2005

I actually refused to stay at the hotel.

I was in town for a business trip, and my co-worker had stayed at the Day's before, and she was satisfied with the room. We checked in without hassle, but when I went to the room...It was scary. The interior appeared to have been painted with flat exterior paint, and apparently, someone with dirty hands had been...had been...I'm not sure what s/he had been doing, but the handprints were on the wall! There were dirty smudges and prints all around the room. The corners had piles of torn bits of paper and food, as if the bedside table had never been moved, and the attachment on the vacuum was broken. I went next door to talk to my co-worker, and what appeared to be a stain made by either vomit or dark soda was on the wall on the left side of the bed. The shape was a large splash at the top with trails of the fluid traveling down by the bedside table. I went to the front desk to ask for another room, and the clerk flippantly told me they were the only rooms available, and I could check out. I did, and I will never try to stay there again. I found a comparably priced hotel two doors down, and the room was clean--very clean.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business