Quality Inn
Residence Inn Abilene(Abilene)
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewswafflesfront deskclean roomshot breakfastgreat place to staywould stay here againgrandkidsgravymicrowavetexasaccommodationsclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2009

This hotel was nothing fancy - but it was clean and quiet. I was looking for a place that offered both smoking and an exercise room (two things you don't often find people looking for at once =) and Quality Inn was the only hotel in Abilene that had rooms available at a reasonable price with those two features.

They did accidentally double book my room on the last night of my stay, but called to check with me after they discovered my luggage was still in the room on the day I was "supposed" to check out. They were even able to let me stay in the room the last night of my reservation after moving the other person around.

I am returning to Abilene this week and booked the same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank altzen
Reviewed July 17, 2006

This is a standard two level Comfort Inn motel with outside room entrances. I like Comfort Inns and this one looks nice and new on the outside. Inside - the room smelled and the air conditioner made it worse, the bed was uncomfortable with flat pillows, the basin and tub were stained and there was glue on the floor where someone did a bad repair job.
Breakfast is in small room with an attendant who watches what you take. Standard cold breakfast options plus a toaster.
The hotel is ok but the room smell put me off and I resented having paid $79 for the night.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed July 5, 2006

We have stayed at several Comfort Inns the past few years and have never had an experience such as this. Only July 2, we were returning home from Paulden, Az accompanied by our friend and his dog. We chose this Comfort Inn as it was listed in a "Pet friendly" guidebook of hotels. I could not believe the condition of the room. The mirrors were full of greasy handprints, sink had various shades of what we believe was the previous tenant's hair, the coffee maker had grounds left in it. There were remnants of plastic pieces cut from what appeared to be price tags all over the carpet and bathroom floors. I called the front office and advised how disappointing it was to find this hotel in such sad shape. Unfortunately all they had to say was "Do you want to check out"? To hear this after driving 900 miles was not 'comforting'. The price was $80, which regardless of price, one does expect a clean room - not one where you are afraid to use the tub/shower etc. This was the worst!!!!!! Beware.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank if3cole
A TripAdvisor Member
Live Oak, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2005

The room was filthy, the staff was rude, the "diamond" rating system was horribly deceptive, and the description of the amenities is something out of a bad movie!

There were flies all over the inside of my room, live as well as dead ones, smeared down the walls, a cigarette butt in the toilet, bottle caps and ashes in the corner and under the bed, in fact the carpet looked as if it hadn't even been vaccumed. The king sized bed was 20 years old, and the advertised jacuzzi tub was in the room, about 4 feet from the bed, with only a torn shower curtain seperating the two! I thought at any moment someone would be knocking at my door asking to buy drugs!

Do not stay here, warn your friends and tell Comfort Inn headquarters they'll never get your business again if they persist in operating hotels that should be condemned.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Longview, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2004

We stayed one night as we were just passing thru town. It was horrible.
There was a really bad smell in the room that kept waking me up all night. We stay in Choice Hotels a lot and have had really good luck but not this time. They had a nice breakfast with a nice lady serving, but after the way the room smelled I hated to eat it.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member