“Best in Abilene”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Great place, all first class. Rooms are nice, lots of room, great beds. Can't say enough about the place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Abilene

Reviewed September 25, 2010

I can't add much to the other excellent rated reviews. The place really is perfect. I don't know how old it is but it really does look like it opened yesterday. Rooms are big and clean, the bathroom is huge. Breakfast is excellent and the staff is very friendly.

The only problem we had is that the a/c was set on 63 in the room when we got there and it was really cold. I turned it up to 76 and we went out to supper. When we returned the room had only risen to 73. I turned on the heat and the smell of burning wires was overwhelming (like when you turn the furnace on in your house for the first time each year, only much worse). Maybe it had never been turned on before, it is a newer hotel. I turned the heat off and the a/c off and also the fan off. That warmed the room up eventually.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Residence inns are typically good, but this one is excellent. We had a suite. A/c worked like a charm on a very hot, humid day. The place was spotless and quiet on a Friday night. I wish they were all this way.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The Residence Inn in Abilene should rank amongst the best for providing an atmosphere with all the comforts of home. The breakfast is the best I have experienced through all my travels both business and pleasure. Complimentary evening meals are provided Monday through Thursday with a superb BBQ on Thursday evenings. The facility is newer and is pet friendly. If you are ever passing through the area I recommend you try this location which is easily accessible from the I-20 freeway. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

One of the newest hotels in Abilene so of course it is clean. Hotel guest are happy they are in a clean hotel with new everything so of course the staff are happy and treating guest with the utmost courtesy. How will they handle problems though? Not very well!

Took the family on a road trip to see friends, go to the zoo, etc... Reserved a one bedroom a month in advance. Arrived at 4:30 pm. Got a studio. Talked to front desk. Their response, "Sorry there is nothing I can do. My manager will be here tomorrow". Talk to manager first thing in the morning. His response, "I'll give you 500 bonus Marriott points". Worth maybe $3. I talked to people at the hotel and know at least 4 one bedroom suites became available the second night of our stay. The manager was very unwilling to help us. Thanks for the great service Marriott.

Because this hotel is new I will recommed it to a friend. Very clean. Nice pool area, although small. Great breakfast included in price of room. Quiet rooms.I will assume what happened to us would not happen the majority of the time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Honestly can't find one negative about this hotel. Granted...it's not on a beach, but was conveniently located near the things I needed while in town . The hotel was absolutely spotless, the staff very accommodating, room was comfortable, and the breakfast and evening reception was great. I will return to this hotel when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We have stayed twice at this hotel on our way back from spring break. It is convenient, clean, and quiet. The only thing I didn't like was because we got there so late we got the suite modified for ADA and we would have preferred just standard features.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family