“Outstanding service, quality and value”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The Residence Inn in Abilene should rank amongst the best for providing an atmosphere with all the comforts of home. The breakfast is the best I have experienced through all my travels both business and pleasure. Complimentary evening meals are provided Monday through Thursday with a superb BBQ on Thursday evenings. The facility is newer and is pet friendly. If you are ever passing through the area I recommend you try this location which is easily accessible from the I-20 freeway. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 7, 2010

One of the newest hotels in Abilene so of course it is clean. Hotel guest are happy they are in a clean hotel with new everything so of course the staff are happy and treating guest with the utmost courtesy. How will they handle problems though? Not very well!

Took the family on a road trip to see friends, go to the zoo, etc... Reserved a one bedroom a month in advance. Arrived at 4:30 pm. Got a studio. Talked to front desk. Their response, "Sorry there is nothing I can do. My manager will be here tomorrow". Talk to manager first thing in the morning. His response, "I'll give you 500 bonus Marriott points". Worth maybe $3. I talked to people at the hotel and know at least 4 one bedroom suites became available the second night of our stay. The manager was very unwilling to help us. Thanks for the great service Marriott.

Because this hotel is new I will recommed it to a friend. Very clean. Nice pool area, although small. Great breakfast included in price of room. Quiet rooms.I will assume what happened to us would not happen the majority of the time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Honestly can't find one negative about this hotel. Granted...it's not on a beach, but was conveniently located near the things I needed while in town . The hotel was absolutely spotless, the staff very accommodating, room was comfortable, and the breakfast and evening reception was great. I will return to this hotel when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We have stayed twice at this hotel on our way back from spring break. It is convenient, clean, and quiet. The only thing I didn't like was because we got there so late we got the suite modified for ADA and we would have preferred just standard features.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2010

This is the finest hotel you could ever stay in.... plush king size beds, full breakfast, kitchen, everything one could want in a hotel room... and the best service in the world.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2010

My extended family is from the Abilene area, so I have stayed at many area hotels over the years. This hotel, by far, is the nicest and most comfortable place I have stayed. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and well layed out. I stayed in a one room suite, but my sister and her family stated in the two room suite and were just satisifed as I was. I didn't have a chance to use the pool or any of the outdoor areas, but they were very pretty and very well maintained. There are a few restaurants a few blocks away and the interstate is very accessible, but not so close that it is loud at night. This will now be the hotel I use every time I visit.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I can't imagine a better place to stay in Abilene. When I checked rates, the Residence Inn was the same price as the Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express, which are next door. I've stayed at both of the other places and they are nice, but there is no comparison to the Residence Inn. Besides having access to the mini-kitchen, the breakfast is the best "freebie" I've ever had. Not only was the hotel sparkling clean, the staff bent over backwards to be helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple