“David I AWESOME”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I work in the customer service industry and believe that a first impression is everything. You have far exceeded this expectation with David at the front desk. We stayed one night but I had several interactions with him and felt as though he was like a friend, he even called me by name. He helped me with a situation with my mother and showed true concern for how I was feeling. He deserves a bonus for the way he runs that front desk. Yes the entire hotel exceeded my expecations but it was David that made my stay! My boyfriend and I will be sending him a trip advisor excellent service pin (we didn't have it with us) I hope he wears it proudly!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank sheilaNscott
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

thank you so much for the wonderful comments concerning Residence Inn's customer service, especially David! He is outstanding at service and caring for our guest. Thank you again and we apprciate you staying with Marriott.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Beautiful room. Large size refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker. Rooms were like a mini suite. Clean rooms, spacious. Friendly staff. Free breakfast in the morning. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you so much for staying at Residence Inn in Abilene. Also thank you so much for the great compliments about the hotel.
We look forward to you staying with us in the near future!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have to say, this really is one of the nicest run hotels in the Marriott Group I've had the pleasure to stay at. I've stayed three times, and each time has been wonderful. Whoever does the cooking for breakfast and dinner does a fantastic job spicing it all up…with what they are given by Marriott. They create their own recipes, too! I once had an amazing stir fly for dinner with sausage, green peppers, onions, and even sliced apple. Very friendly and clean. The towels smell clean and are fluffy. As a Platinum, they give me points as a bonus PLUS let me take something out of the market to enjoy…and they mean ANYTHING. Ice cream included, not just a soda. Bravo to the staff and Management. I will stay anytime I'm in Abilene.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank telleroftruth
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you first for being a loyal Marriott member. I know as a Platinum you spend a of time in hotels, so to hear such great comments about Residence Inn-Abilene makes me very proud and validates that we have great service to our guest. Thank you so much for chosing Marriott and especially for staying with us at Residence Inn.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great hotel with a great staff! We were not sure where to stay in the area and booked this hotel because of the extremely professional and pleasant David Bond who we spoke with on the phone. The hotel is brand new, beautiful rooms and lobby, super beds and everything you could need in a room. We highly recommend staying here.

The Cochrans

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott in Abilene, Texas. We appreciate your wonderful comments. We strive to make our guest feel comfortable. We want you to feel like this is home away from home! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I came to Abilene for the State Powerlifting meet and we had an exceptional experience, probably the best hotel experience we've had. We spent two days at the hotel and David which I believe may be one of the managers checked us in and checked us out and worked endless hours during our stay it seemed. His personality and customer services skills were outstanding and made us all feel very welcome and at home. The rooms were spacious and very clean and the breakfast was very good as well. I would recommend everyone stay here if you are planning a trip to Abilene.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott in Abilene. We appreciate your great compliments and congrats on being in the State Powerlifting competition. Hopefully we will see you in the future!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room is large and bed was very comfortable. Front desk was very helpful. Didn't use it but they have a nice exercise room and outdoor pool. It is near ACU and has several dining options nearby. It's right off I20, my old GPS didn't have the address.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the great compliments. I hope you will come back and stay with us in the future!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a nice, clean hotel in a quiet area. We were upgraded to a one bedroom which was appreciated with two 12 year old girls. Breakfast area was packed during spring break. It would have been nice to see them a bit more prepared for it. The girls did not enjoy sleeping on the sofa bed and found it uncomfortable. I would definitely return here if travelling with 2 people and didn't have a need for the sofa bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Alecia L, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for the great comments about Residence Inn-Abilene. I do apologize for the sofa sleeper, maybe if you pass thru again you can try one of 2 bedroom suites for your family. They are very roomy and have an extra bathroom also! Thanks again