“Above and Beyond Service”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Above and Beyond Service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel would be a perfectly good and reliable Residence Inn by Marriott, it just has amazing service, with friendly staff who stretch to meet your travel needs. I have stayed here several times, but this time I made the reservation online, mistakenly through a third party, and they reserved the wrong type of room for me. When I arrived yesterday, the hotel was fully booked and it looked like there was no possibility to change. The manager came out and after searching, she figured out how to make the correct type of room available. This was very important to me!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank thayer_1102
Melissa L, Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of our property! We do make every effort to ensure that your travel needs are met and I am so glad we were able to get your room changed as I knew it was important to you! I will be sure to share your comments about the amazing service our staff provided. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Looking for a place to house guests and family members for a wedding, I discovered this jewel of a hotel not far from a growing retail and restaurant community in Abilene. The hotel's restaurant was buzzing with guests eating a free dinner meal and enjoying the view of the gated swimming pool and fountains. The hotel also provideed a free full breakfast and the rooms housed a full-sized frig and microwave in a large kitchen with sink and granite countertops. Bathrooms were also large and well-designed. Marriott Residence Inn was an excellent value for five rooms for three nights.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelersOf4
Melissa L, Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
So glad we were able to host you on your trip to Texas! Thank you for taking the time to write a great description of our property. Our staff work hard to ensure every detail of your stay meets your expectations from the breakfast to the guest suites to dinner! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I choose the Residence Inn based on my Marriott Rewards membership and the fact that this Abilene property accepted pets. This was my initial stay at this property and it was extremely clean and attractive; I got the impression that it was fairly new.

My room was a decently sized suite style with a king bed, sitting area with a pull out sofa as well as a work desk. The room was equipped with a fully functional kitchen including a full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Guests could eat on a dining counter with two barstools. I really like the touch of cloth napkins and real wine glasses. Also, the flat screen TV swiveled so you could watch it whether you were lying in bed, or eating on the counter or sitting on the sofa.

The lobby itself was nice and attractive as well with a decently sized dining room that provided complimentary hot snacks during the evening and a variety of breakfast items to choose from in the morning including eggs, bacon and sausage.

The property also had a nice pool area with an outdoor grill. One minor inconvience was ingress to the property off of I-20 eastbound; one had to do a bit of a jig and jog to get to the property. I had called the front desk enroute prior to my arrival and they provided me with specific instructions on how to access the property off of I-20.

I would have given this Residence Inn an "Excellent Rating" but for one important negative factor: the coffee served in the lobby had to be some of the worst tasting coffee I've ever drunk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that you found us and stayed with us as a Marriott Rewards member! Thank you for your description of the room, property, lobby and courtyard as it is very helpful to future guests using Trip Advisor as a reliable source when choosing a hotel in the Abilene area. Our staff is very knowledgeable and I am glad to hear they were able to provide clear directions on how to get to the hotel. Thanks for ensuring that our guests know to call when they need help navigating the new roads! We certainly are in a up and coming area in Abilene and it is a great location to many new restaurants in town. The coffee - looking forward to brewing up a new cup for you on your next trip and getting it right the next time!
Duncanville, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Got a late start coming home from Lubbock and decided to stay the night.The front desk was friendly and efficient. Our room was a great size and super clean.We had a great FREE dinner of chilli, salad, chocolate pudding,beer and wine. The breakfast was great the granddaughter loved that she had whipped cream and chocolate chips for her TX waffle. I loved the TX eggs w/peppers and so much more.(too much to put) Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GigiTX8
We wish you could have stayed longer too and certainly look forward to the next time you come to visit! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and sharing your experiences with others. Our breakfast time is a favorite of our guests and the breakfast staff enjoy serving it up in traditional Texas style!! Hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the best Residence Inn I have ever stayed in! The accommodations are updated and clean, and the employees are all very friendly and helpful. In addition the lobby is beautiful and comfortable. My daughter will be starting college in the fall, and I am so relieved to know there is a wonderful hotel right near the ACU campus.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and had a lovely and large balcony!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacy B
My goodness! Thank you for the incredible review of our hotel! We are proud of the service we consistently provide to you as our guest. We consider our team a family and want you to feel at home with us while you are here. I will be sure to share your comments with our hardworking housekeeping staff as they are at the heart of keeping our hotel clean and comfortable. We definitely look forward to having you in the future while visiting your daughter over the next few years at ACU!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been to hotels all over the country and for the type of hotel this was, I felt that I received a very good value for my money. The daily breakfast selection and variety was great. The towels were very fluffy and soft. The bed was comfortable. The front desk staff were great. The variety of items they have in their "corner store" was good too. My only complaint was that the one sofa in the room had a big dip in it that you disappeared into when you sat in it. I met with the General Manager and she stated that the hotel was coming up on its 5th birthday and that the Marriott corporation was going to be updating the hotel during its 5th year. If anyone can get the Marriott corporation to tell me what popcorn they put in the guest rooms, I would very much appreciate it. It was delicious! I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, and families. I forgot to mention thath other GREAT thing about this hotel was that they accept pets. What an awesome thing to be able to keep your pets with you when you have to be away from home. KUDOS to this hotel!

Room Tip: I would pick a room that is not on the main floor, but on floors 2, 3 or 4.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Melissa B
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We enjoyed getting to know you during your stay! The Residence Inn of Abilene strives to ensure that each guest's stay is exceptional so we appreciate you sharing your concern about the sofa cushion. We have followed up to be sure the sofa is comfortable for the next guest as well. We look forward to seeing you again --- and we will be sure to have the popcorn ready for your next visit!! (And "cookies" in the lobby for our four-legged guests too!) See you next time!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a new-ish hotel,clean, attractive, and comfortable, but the real strength of the hotel is an amazing, well-trained staff that goes above and beyond to be welcoming and helpful. I have stayed in hotels around the world, and these folks are as capable as those in the very best hotels in world-class cities. They go out of their way to make travel easier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your stay at the Residence Inn Abilene. We strive to do our very best and then some, so that our guests will look forward to returning. We are proud to hear our team showed awesome hospitality during your stay. Hope to see you again soon!