“Business Trip to Abilene”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
El Paso, Texas
“Business Trip to Abilene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been to hotels all over the country and for the type of hotel this was, I felt that I received a very good value for my money. The daily breakfast selection and variety was great. The towels were very fluffy and soft. The bed was comfortable. The front desk staff were great. The variety of items they have in their "corner store" was good too. My only complaint was that the one sofa in the room had a big dip in it that you disappeared into when you sat in it. I met with the General Manager and she stated that the hotel was coming up on its 5th birthday and that the Marriott corporation was going to be updating the hotel during its 5th year. If anyone can get the Marriott corporation to tell me what popcorn they put in the guest rooms, I would very much appreciate it. It was delicious! I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, and families. I forgot to mention thath other GREAT thing about this hotel was that they accept pets. What an awesome thing to be able to keep your pets with you when you have to be away from home. KUDOS to this hotel!

Room Tip: I would pick a room that is not on the main floor, but on floors 2, 3 or 4.
2 Thank Melissa B
Melissa L, Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We enjoyed getting to know you during your stay! The Residence Inn of Abilene strives to ensure that each guest's stay is exceptional so we appreciate you sharing your concern about the sofa cushion. We have followed up to be sure the sofa is comfortable for the next guest as well. We look forward to seeing you again --- and we will be sure to have the popcorn ready for your next visit!! (And "cookies" in the lobby for our four-legged guests too!) See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a new-ish hotel,clean, attractive, and comfortable, but the real strength of the hotel is an amazing, well-trained staff that goes above and beyond to be welcoming and helpful. I have stayed in hotels around the world, and these folks are as capable as those in the very best hotels in world-class cities. They go out of their way to make travel easier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your stay at the Residence Inn Abilene. We strive to do our very best and then some, so that our guests will look forward to returning. We are proud to hear our team showed awesome hospitality during your stay. Hope to see you again soon!
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was excellent with eggs, hash browns, sausage, waffles and pastries. Way better quality food than we have had at previous places. Six to seven pm they had complimentary make your own tacos with all the extras. Free beer, wine and sodas. Our room at the back of the building was extremely quiet but the property is set back from Interstate so that may not be an issue. Kitchen area well equipped with refrigerator and freezer. Only slight negative for me was that the bed and sheets could have been softer. Nice pool area. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for spending your valuable time to let everyone know about your recent stay experience at the Residence Inn Abilene. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our associates were warm and hospitable to you during your visit. I will be checking on the water softner to make sure it is working properly to soften out linen. We hope to have you as our guest again real soon. Thank you again!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Johnny, Front Desk, negotiated a federal rate for me. Upon check-in, Camille, greeted me with the professional, prompt, and accurate service that is seldom experienced. Late evening/early morning desk service, was just as wonderful. Thank you, Johnny, Camille, and all, for the top notch service. Johnny, Camille, and the desk service hosts are total customer service. The breakfast and evening hosts are incredible. Meals were very yummy. Room was large and clean. Perfect place to stay! I met some long-term guests during the week and they, too, were having great experiences at this facility. Smiles and gold stars all around! Kudos!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be quiet
1 Thank NeilRocks
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience while at our Residence Inn Abilene. Thanks to you, our future guests will know what to expect when selecting our hotel while in Abilene, . I am proud to hear Johnny, Camille and the gang took good care of you. We love what we do! Hope to have you back again real soon.
Edgewood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We frequently stay at Marriott hotels, but this was our first stay at the Abilene Residence Inn. The staff was friendly and efficient and the hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. We were late for the evening happy hour, but the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. The suite was absolutely first rate, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding, with cheese scrambled eggs and sausage. We definitely recommend the Residence Inn to any one spending a night in Abilene.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank russminton
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review, we appreciate you as our guest. We work hard to make all our guest feel welcome and comfortable! We have an outstanding staff that knows the true meaning of Texas Hospitality. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed over night on our travels east. Picked based on Trip Advisor ratings and was not surprised when the front desk clerk, Brianna, greeted us when we came in the door. What a pleasant way to end a long drive. Check in was speedy and efficient. We asked for recommendations for dinner and received several good choices, we ended up just staying in and having the complementary happy hour sandwiches and salad. Room was super clean and larger than I expected, although I could smell a hint of K9 odor initially, it passed and never noticed it again. The bed was super comfortable, however the sheets, although of a high quality thread count, they did not fit properly and kept coming off the corners, this was a bit annoying. If they were to use those ties on the corners to keep the sheets on it would eliminate the problem. The breakfast in the morning was very good, real cooked eggs, real potatoes, and real sausage. Not the regular stuff like at most places. Check out was just as pleasant as checking in and we will stay here again the next time we pass through Abilene.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your kind words about Residence Inn and the staff. We strive to make our guest comfortable. We want you to feel this is your home away from home! Thanks again for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I picked this hotel off of Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The room was like being at home with a very nice kitchen. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel like this. The eggs were amazing and they had some crispy potato hashbrown type things that were great too. Also, a happy hour with free beer and wine every night! Plus a free light meal every night too! Great service also. The only bad thing was I came in without a reservation so they charged me the "transient rate" of 139.95 a night which was too pricey, but the company I was working for was paying so I stayed anyway. The third night I decided to go try out the Holiday Inn Express and was very disappointed that I left the Residence Inn.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rey4464
Darla Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities and the awesome guest service delivered to you while staying with us at Residence Inn Abilene. We are sorry to hear you moved to another hotel the last night of your stay. Next time speak to me or our sales team and we will do our best to keep you here! We hope to have you back again real soon. Thank you for the great survey!