“Outstanding customer service and accommodations from start to finish!”

Residence Inn Abilene
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Staying in a hotel is one of the necessary evils of business travel. I have stayed in countless hotel rooms in numerous hotel chains over the years and figured out quickly that I prefer Marriott hotels. I spent one to two nights each week for the past 14 months at the Residence Inn in Abilene, TX. The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms are great, but what made this hotel my preferred choice was the customer service. The tone of the staff is set by the management. It is very obvious that both Darla and Alisa have made it their top priority to have the best customer service possible. They are always out talking to the guests each morning to make sure their stay was the best it could be and they take the time to get to know the names of their guests. This attitude filters through everyone working there from the front desk to housekeeping. The bottom line is any hotel can provide a place to crash for the night, however; if you value top notch customer service then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 6, 2011

I highly recommend the Residence Inn Marriott Abilene. The staff were amazing, efficient and above all very friendly and welcoming. All my questions were greeted with a smile and were responded to with the highest quality. I felt very much at ease at the hotel, which made the busy schedule of the conference I was attending an absolute breeze.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in the past five years in the US and overseas with one of them being a 5 star hotel; however, Marriott Residence Inn in Abilene has surpassed every hotel I've stayed. The room was great. The king size bed was as comfortable as my bed at home. It was nice to have a sitting room to sit and read or watch TV or work on my laptop using their WIFI.
The hotel is located off of I-20 in Abilene, Texas; however, it was set back off of the service road so you didn't have all the highway noises.
This hotel had a full breakfast buffet with a variety of selections, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, meat, different breads, yogurts..... In addition, the hotel served a free beer and wine from 6 pm to 7:30 pm AND a casual dinner selection on Monday through Friday. Each day was different...tacos one night, BBQ another night.
The ENTIRE staff at the hotel was fantastic. They made each guest feel special, not like some hotels where you are just one more person staying there. I will surely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Abilene1012011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I live in Hotels 4 nights a week every week in all regions of the US for over 40 years, so I have some experience to base this review upon. The Management and staff at this Hotel are warm, friendly people and are some of the best I have met anywhere. I have been assigned to work in Abilene, TX for 3 years and I have stayed in many of the Hotels here so when I tell you this is the best in town, I know what I am talking about. Stay here and you will agree. I was here during the Ice Storm mentioned in the "Comes up short" review and was impressed with the Staffs efforts to deal with a once in 35 years event. Things were not perfect but excellent under the conditions.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank nelsonpm4
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We were traveling to Las Vegas and tried to get ahead of the ice/snow/sleet storm that socked the South just before Super Bowl. Our thought was to go South where it was warm. The best of intentions , it started hailing just after we removed our luggage from the car. Rain, hail, sleet and snow followed. When we checked in we were asked to please let the hotel know if we need to stay over another night due to the storm. The hotel had already made arrangement to host both their current guests another day if need be. How thoughtful, we discovered later several of the staff members stayed at the hotel so that they were fully staffed for their guests despite the storm. We did extend one day to give the road crews time to clear the path and to dig out our car. I can't think of a place I would rather have been "stuck" in. The team handled hourly power outages, numerous and repeated guests requests/questions and all of the maintenance issues that go along with a winter storm where they typically don't occur without an apparent hitch and in good humor. Hat's off to the team at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HalleGrace
Reviewed February 6, 2011

During my stay we had a very bad snow and ice storm. I can not say enough good things about the personnel and the general manager in the at this hotel.

Never saw a sad face or anyone not willing to help in me having a great stay at their hotel. Had a breakfast and dinner free...yes free. And even when we were snowed in..they offered lunch for free.

Because of the weather, offer to extend my stay without a problem.

I have stayed at many hotels for business and pleasure, and by far this is the BEST experience I have ever had away from home.

If I ever have to stay in Abilene....It will be here without a doubt.

By the way, the cook staff always had food....on time and hot. And when we started to run out of food...they just found something else to cook. And they always were willing to help. Wish I had gotten the names of cook staff and the staff at the desk (not saying that everyone else I encountered was not doing and excellent job).

Had no problem getting internet both on my phone and computer no matter where I was in the hotel. Room was great beyond belief.

Thanks for a great and safe stay....You are the Best!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I have been staying in this hotel for over six months now. As a general rule, I will stay at Marriott wherever I go and I prefer Residence Inns for extended stays. Each room has a kitchen with full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave oven and dishwasher. In addition, Residence Inns will normally provide a substantial breakfast each morning.

The Residence Inn in Abilene has a professional, friendly, helpful staff. Having been here for so long, I have had the opportunity to see the staff in a variaty of situations. In every case, they have treated all guests with respect and outstanding service. In fact, this past week was an incredible example of how well the staff reacts to adversity. The entire north Texas area was blanketed in a winter storm that caused travel delays and treacherous travel for everyone. Many guests unexpectedly needed to extend their stay and many more dropped in after finding the interstate highway unpassable. The staff did everything they could to accomodate everyone's needs, even going as far as providing meals for the folks stranded here. On occassion, members of the staff would make the dangerous trip to one of the few stores that were still open to buy groceries and other necessities to keep the hotel running smoothly. Obviously, this kind of weather does not happen in north Texas very often (every 5 to 10 years) and when it does happen, everything is caught in its grip. As the week continued and the weather remained in the single digits, the hotel staff had to deal with a pipe that froze and burst on the top floor of the hotel. They quickly ascertained what had happened, stopped the water leak and started tending to those who were displaced due to the massive water leak. Two other hotels in the local area also had pipes that burst so the normally contracted clean-up and repair crews located in Abilene were already busy at other places. This didn't stop the fine staff here from jumping in and cleaning up the damaged areas while efficiently moving those effected by the leak. Within a day of this crisis, one could barely tell that such a thing had even happened in the hotel.

In every way, I would highly recommend the Abilene Residence Inn as one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in and the majority of the accolades go directly to the staff. After all, the hotel itself is just a building...but what makes a stay here enjoyable is the fine, friendly staff who are eager to ensure that you feel like family while you are here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business