“Great Value-Great Staff-Beautiful Rooms”

Wingate by Wyndham Abilene
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Lovely hotel! Beautifully decorated. Helpful and friendly staff. Ample hot water and good water pressure. Quiet and restful atmosphere. Rooms are quite large. Bed was very comfortable. Felt quite safe and secure. Nice location. Will return to this location for sure!

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Made reservation based on Tripadvisor's rating. They had Wingate listed as top rated hotel in Abilene. Hotel was very clean and well appointed, interior was furnished similar to a newer Hampton Inns and Suites. Was traveling on business and had booked two rooms that were pre-paid for three nights. Upon check-in the front desk could only find one of our reservations. I provided the confirmation numbers and they stated they sometimes had problems with getting reservations from Travelocity through their central reservations office. They had to book the 2nd room manually and assured that everything else was OK and I would not be charged. The next afternoon the front desk called my co-worker's room and asked if he was staying a 2nd night. He explained that he was booked for three days and the room had been pre-paid. The front desk apologized and acknowledged the error. After leaving the room that afternoon, my co-worker returned later that evening and his key had been de-activated. He had to get it re-activated and again there was confusion regarding the length of stay and the fact we had pre-paid for the room. The staff was friendly, never rude but it was inconvenient to deal with the lost booking. While the rooms were clean and very new, you can easily hear the activity and muffled conversations in the adjoining rooms. Also, my room was on the 2nd floor and I could hear every footstep of the person in the room above me. The breakfast is OK, they serve instant scrambled eggs which have little to no flavor. We opted to eat there during our first morning and decided afterwards to eat at a restaurant. Probably will try another hotel on my next visit to Abilene.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I recently stayed one week at this hotel and was more than pleased. The owner of the property, Marty, made me feel so welcomed from the time I checked in to the minute I left. The interior of the hotel is most definitely the most attractive of all the hotels I have visited in Abilene. Hot breafast, weight room, hot tub. I could not have asked for more. The rooms were great and most spacious. Zach, Adam and April made sure my stay was perfect. I do alot of traveling and I must say that this is the best bargain I have ever encountered in terms of a hotel. I will always stay at Wingate by Wyndham whenever I travel to Abilene. Thanks for everything!!!!!! See you soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

Great hotel. I stay here frequently when I come for my child's college ball games. I am pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel and the friendliness of the hotel staff. On one visit this month, the hotel managers gave us their personal guest passes to the zoo. I returned home after a 5 night stay and returned two days later when my child had unexpected surgery. After surgery I brought her back to stay at the hotel for six nights. The management did everything they could to assure that we were comfortable and had everything that we needed. Because of their kindness and the accomodations, this is the only place we will stay in Abilene.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My experience with this hotel was really enjoyable. From the moment I first phoned the hotel all of my questions were addressed and my needs where met as I was in town to take a professional licensing exam and had inquired if the hotel was quite and conducive to my preparations for the exam in addition to asking where the hotel was located in relation to the testing center where my exam was to be held. Let me tell you, that the manager (Mardy) went over and above what was required as I was greeted upon my arrival and checkin with a printed map and directions from the hotel to my testing site. Wow, talk about service and customer appreciation, it really does not get much better than this.
Also, let me tell you the rooms were amazing and pristine clean.
The bedding was luxurious and the pillows were ultra soft. The televisions were all flat screen LCD with high definition channels. Not to mention, that the rooms had fridge and microwaves as well.
All rooms offer free high speed internet with both cable connections as well as wireless options that worked flawlessly.
There was an indoor spa and gym as well as a pool, which due to the nature of my visit I was unable to utilize.
Additionally, the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet that was excellent and offered a wide range of choices from hot eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, orange juice, coffee (24 hours a day which I used).
Also very well located directly off the highway and very near a 24 hour wallmart.
I really cannot say enough good things about this hotel, should I ever need to visit the city again, without a doubt this hotel has my business.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Walking into the hotel, took my breath away. It was gorgous and clean and the staff was very friendly. I got my room key and went up to my room, opened the door, and it was so warm and inviting in there. I slept so peacefully and when I woke up I went and enjoyed their wonderful breakfast. Marty, the gm welcomed me and asked me how my stay was and the check out was fast. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This hotel was just wonderful, I usually fret over making the right decision on a hotel to stay in a new area, and I was so glad I choose this one! it was a cut above the usual hotels in the same price and class, and the rooms were really nice and the bath was upscale and very clean. It was in a great area, safe and close to shopping and restaurants. the front desk people were super nice which is Always a plus, would definitely recommend this hotel and will be our hotel of choice whenever we are in town!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple