Wingate by Wyndham Abilene
$122
$114
$80
$104
Days Inn Abilene(Abilene)(Great Value!)
$65
Whitten Inn(Abilene)(Great Value!)
$59
$55
Travelocity
All reviewshot tubfitness centerhome away from homeroom was spaciouswaffleschecking outthe staff was friendly and helpfulwould stay againnice staygreat place to stayupon checkone night stayfront desk clerkclean hotelgmwalmartpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My review for this stay is far overdue! I spent the better part of September and some of October in Abilene on business in which I stayed at the Wingate located on Catclaw Drive. I must say, from the GM, Marty and his family to the front desk staff, Brandy, Diane and Adam to the housekeeping staff this was by far the best stay of all stays that I've had on business - EVER!

I felt welcome during my entire stay! Each morning began with a full spread continental breakfast which was well kept during breakfast service hours. Each day ended with going back into my room to find that it was spectacularly taken care of! During my stay, I was on the third floor and Sylvia was my primary housekeeper. Talk about particular! I have never met someone so dedicated to her position which is what made my stay the best ever! Other housekeeping staff did wonderful but Sylvia really gave it that little something extra! Lydie also serviced my room as did a couple of other young ladies - all extremely wonderful!

I would recommend to anyone who plans to be in the Abilene area to give consideration to staying with these folks! They really do it up!

I was in town more recently on a separate business occasion in that I arrived late in the evening (well after mid-night). My reservation had been booked by my employer but had been booked inadvertently one week later that what is was supposed to have been. Adam was working the front desk on this evening. It took the better part of one half hour to make the changes over the phone (hotels.com end) because of the type of account that my reservation was booked under (it was difficult making these changes for lack of knowledge of the acct that it has been booked under - billing address, passwords, etc.). Anyways, Adam was so incredibly patient with this situation and made the fix far more tolerable having just arrived town so late and exhausted.

Final word: Stay at the Wingate on Catclaw! I will only ever stay at the Wingate when I visit Abilene going forward! I really do appreciate all that they did to make being away from home for so long seem a little bit more like home!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor (room 318) for most of my stay. This room faces South and looks out over the parking lot and at the LaQuinta next door. This is my preferred room but pool views are available on the other side! And, my room is right off the elevator! I like that!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is a good location for the Abilene area. The employees are nice and polite. Very courteous and helpful. The maid is very adamant about the room and services being right. She is a very hard worker and it shows. The room was always clean, plenty of room, and adequate for extended stay. It has a refrigerator and microwave included. The shower was ok as far as hotel showers go. I had a handicapped shower which give a little more room and usage than a small regular one, but the handicapped tub/shower style needs changing. I would recommend in the future if a renovation occurs that they look into making walk in showers for the handicapped instead of a tub combination. I have neuropathy and my balance is off trying to move in a tub with a rounded floor. Other than that I will stay there again and highly recommend it. There is no smoking and no pets allowed which is why I stayed there. I like to breathe fresh air and don' live in a barn with animals.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The only problem we had was the stopper in the toilet tank kept hanging up and running until we fooled with it. This problem needs some attention.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family