“Amorous Couple in Room 110”

Wingate by Wyndham Abilene
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Abilene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 19, 2013

not sure who was next door, but they were so loud I could hear every word, I called down to the desk at 1 am about how noisy the next room was and they said they would take care of it, however, the noise continued until after 2 am.
not sure where I might stay next time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

LOVINGTON
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was in the area for a funeral of a family member. It was my sister and my birthday and we wanted a place to relax after the funeral and enjoy to celebrate our birthdays. I selected this hotel because it was the only one in the area with an indoor hot tub. We got in the hot tub around 6pm and it was cold. When I called the front desk I was informed that it had to be heated first before he used it and it would take an hour. I would suggest that there be a sign on the door of the hot tub room that states that so that guests can inform the front desk they want to use the hot tub and it be heated in plenty of time for use if the hot tub is not going to be maintained at a temperature for instant use. Otherwise, I was very happy with our experience. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

ALAMOGORDO
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Overall a good day just a couple of suggestions. First of all the particular location that I visited had no shuttle which made transportation for rental car and airport a little frustrating. Secondly one of e employees had a guest while working his entire shift and she parked under the over hang for the duration of his shift for three days. Made parking for pick up or drop off very frustrating. I mentioned this to him and did not change anything. My wife came to visit while I stayed at he hotel and made it difficult for her to reach the door to drop off her baggage. Other than those things was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time due to a great value provided by another website.

I stayed for a week over the summer July and our stay was fine. The place is clean and the service was ok. We had trouble with the shower knob breaking on day one and were relocated to a different room. Day two in the new room, the tv would shut off every few minutes like clockwork. We were again relocated to yet another new room . Day three we had the same tv issues but decides to stay in the room due to being tired of moving with our then three month old.

Fast forward to winter 2012

Never stay here in the winter. The room was clean as usual. The weather was cold 20-40 degrees during our stay. It even snowed lightly one day and misted another. You'd think the heaters would be working in the hotel but they were not. The excuse we were given was that no one uses the heaters in Texas and that there was dust on the heaters which when turned on set off the smoke detector in our room every time. Even after a repair guy supposedly was sent to look at this issue. When I called the front desk to ask for blankets to at least keep us and our now seven month old warm at night they said they didn't have any. We called again on our second night stay in hopes of getting blankets and this time was given a sleeping bag to be used as a blanket. This was unacceptable. I personally went down to the front desk and demanded that I be given blankets from an unoccupied room even after being told the entire hotel was completely booked. After standing at the front desk with my infant in arms for about two minutes the clerk found an empty room next door to ours and have us the comforter from that bed and the covers from that closet. The next morning we were told by the owner lady that the manger didn't know there were extra blankets available and that we would get a special blanket after giving up the one that was taken off the bed.

Long story short, poor service during the winter months. Bring your own blankets because they don't have extra ones for you to use. Don't bank on relaxing and just watching tv all day because your tv will turn off and on in the middle of your favorite shows and you'll never know why nor will a repair person fix the problem.

• Stayed December 2012