“One Experience Ruins the Overall Good”

Hilton Garden Inn Abilene
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene because I work for Hilton in my hometown, so I know what kind of standards Hilton hotels should have. The experience was great, but made disappointing by ONE employee. She was at the front desk during breakfast, I asked her if she knew any other local breakfast places and she insisted that I buy the breakfast they provided there. I clearly knew that the hotel served breakfast, so I patiently asked her again for any local breakfast spots and at that moment her phone rang. Without any "Can you wait a second while I answer this..." or telling the caller to "Please Hold..." she proceeded to have a five-minute conversation and I ended up walking away feeling very disrespected while she still talked on the phone. Don't get me wrong, ALL the other hotel staff were great! But this one employee did not fulfill Hilton standards about guests, and that partially ruined my experience here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for the problem you encountered at the front desk. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and clean. My only complaint is that the bed was very uncomfortable. We were told it was an adjustable bed. . .but the adjustable part didn't work. A comfortable bed is so important when you're traveling. Make sure if you stay here that you check to make sure your adjustable bed works!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important and that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Comfortable facility. Nice location. Amenties in working order. Couteous staff. Even when power went out. Fax machine was working well with copy services compatible with computers in the business office. Nice lobby for relaxing and enjoying a snack and flavored water.

Room Tip: Ask for it .....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and your nice review.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

hotel outside appearance was nice the rooms were good for what I paid...a bit pricey on the breakfast and slow getting food out I believe they only had one person cooking.....good area for the hotel felt safe coming & going even at 2am....pretty easy to find

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are sorry there was slow service at breakfast. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel was very clean. Did have a problem with the A/C not keeping the room cool enough. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was very good. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stay was great except the beds could have been better. have had previous stays at this motel with beds being wonderful but this time around wasn't the greatest. But very clean and friendly and felt very safe during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel to serve you better.

Your review complemented us quite well, so I hope we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay. If there were any issues you did not mention, I would like to know about them, as it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also, if any of my staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.

Again, thank you for your response. If I can be of service to you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is an excellent place to stay. They have all the ammenties you need. The staff is so warm and friendly and make your stay that much better. Thank you to Heather and Jessica. I will return!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

 Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!