“Beautiful place”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place is very beautiful. I did not stay but i did visit it. All the staff was very nice. I made a call at 5:00am to the night auditor and he was so friendly and willing to help me and just made me feel like i wasnt bothering him at all. Hes a keeper :)

• Stayed May 2013
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel to serve you better.

I am very happy that we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay. Also, thank you for praising my Night Auditor. I will certainly let him know about your comments. If any of my other staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.

Again, thank you for your response. If I can be of service to you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.

(325)690-6432
lynne.haven@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Condon, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are particular about the bedding you sleep in (sheets and mattress pad cleanliness) take a look under the thin sheet to see what type of mattress pad is on that bed. I have found at two different stays, Washington and Texas a built in sheepskin/wolly mattress pad which is not removed to be laundered.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel.

The comments we received are lower than my expectations for this hotel. I have addressed your notes from the survey with my Housekeeping staff and we will work diligently to ensure they do not occur again. Our sheets and wooly toppers are washed everyday in order to maintain Hilton standards.

Were there any issues during your stay other than the ones already reported? If there were any issues you did not mention, I would like to know about them, as it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also, if any of my staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.

Again, thank you for your response. We wnat you to continue to stay with us, so If I can be of service to you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.

(325)690-6432
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our room was clean and well stocked. House keeping came by every morning to see if we needed anything. The pool was nice and clean. The only compliant i had was the fact the bed was so strange. It is a "dial your sleep". My husband's side worked, however, maybe it was me, my side never worked.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are the closest to the pool, gym area, and business center, but you do not he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your response in regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel to serve you better. We do apologize if our GSS Mattresses gave you an uncomfortable night stay.
We want you to continue to stay with us whenever you travel to Abilene. With that in mind, our staff will continue to work dilligently on exceeding your expectations throughout your next stay.

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights, and were very pleased with this hotel. This hotel is one of the few I found with ample outlets for chargers, computers, C-Pap machines, etc. There was even an outlet close to the mirror in the room so I could dry my hair and actually see what I was doing (someone else was using the bathroom). So often, if you can find an outlet, it is no where near where you need it to use the appliance. Am I outlet-obsessed? Perhaps. On another note, the room was clean, very attractive, comfortable. Free in-room WI-FI worked well. Breakfast buffet was good...not a bad deal at $7.95. Don't know why others have complained about the price. It sure beats a free continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response in regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel to serve you better. We are delighted that we could offer you many outlets in the rooms, at our hotel.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed this weekend on the 3rd floor. It is obvious that this hotel has hired new management for the hotel such as General Manager up to housekeeping. What were the they thinking!!! The room I stayed in carpet needed to be deep cleaned, my sheets looked like they were not changed not to mention the duvets gross! Employees on their cell phones,loud in the hallways. The housekeeping supervisor failed to realize I was in my room listening to the housekeepers. I could not believe what type of employees this business hires. Is the owner or owners the same as these employees?? Unprofessional! This type of behavior and the tattoo look for Hilton? No wonder the hotel looksike crap!! Clean up the mildew!!

• Stayed May 2013
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Traveler,

The comments that you have stated are lower than my expectations for this hotel. I have addressed your notes from the report with my staff, and we will work diligently to ensure they do not occur again. I would like for you to contact me at your earliest convenience, so we can discuss this matter in more detail.

Again, thank you for your response. I do apologize for the actions of the staff and the condition of the room. As I stated earlier in this response, please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this matter in more detail. I can be reached at 325-690-6432.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

My stay was only 2 nights, so no clean room as they "clean" only every other day. I didn't know this when I checked in, so after a long day, I returned to a mess and no restocked amenities. A/C didn't work in first room so I was moved next door. The hotel was built in 2008? It's dilapidated after only 5 years? Bathroom floor tiles were buckled w/grout missing. The staff are "iffy" at best. Not much knowledge about the hotel and rude comments. I dealt w/one woman that should be fired just for her attitude. I was accused of someone hearing a dog in my room. I was told my card would be charged $300! What?! I let Brittany (the accuser) in to inspect the room for a dog...she looked everywhere including under the beds! No dog! I wanted nothing but an apology, but the manager, Chris, stood there and let Brittany continue to accuse me. Very bad 'managing' of his employee. No customer service, rude employees, crappy rooms. I know a lot of people that visit Abilene often and this hotel will never even be an option. I hope the news of the behavior of the employees and the dirty, non-stocked rooms will be heard.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brenda K
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Ms. K,
I am so glad we spoke on the phone and came to a resolution. Again, I do apologize for the whole incident. I have spoken with my staff, and they now know to handle this kind of situation in the future. I hope you will give us a second chance and continue doing business with us in the future.
This is not in reference to you, however just to make other readers aware of our policy, we do not allow animals in the hotel (unless they are certified service animals, with proper documentation).
I hope you have a great rest of the week and Mother's Day.
If I can assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call me.
San Angleo, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Hilton Hotel provided an excellent stay. It would have been greater if the breakfast was complimentery. Otherwise the accomodations were excellent and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are please to read in your review that we, the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene provided an excellent stay and thank you for recommending our hotel to everyone. We look forward to your next visit.