Hilton Garden Inn Abilene
$89
$84
$139
$126
Days Inn Abilene(Abilene)(Great Value!)
$65
Hampton.com
$104
$76
Agoda.com
All reviewsfire pitnice hotelbreakfast staffthe hotel staffindoor poolfront desk staffwould stay here againwonderful stayfitness centerhot tubstaff was friendlybusiness tripgreat roombeds were comfortablehgimallmattress
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My stay was only 2 nights, so no clean room as they "clean" only every other day. I didn't know this when I checked in, so after a long day, I returned to a mess and no restocked amenities. A/C didn't work in first room so I was moved next door. The hotel was built in 2008? It's dilapidated after only 5 years? Bathroom floor tiles were buckled w/grout missing. The staff are "iffy" at best. Not much knowledge about the hotel and rude comments. I dealt w/one woman that should be fired just for her attitude. I was accused of someone hearing a dog in my room. I was told my card would be charged $300! What?! I let Brittany (the accuser) in to inspect the room for a dog...she looked everywhere including under the beds! No dog! I wanted nothing but an apology, but the manager, Chris, stood there and let Brittany continue to accuse me. Very bad 'managing' of his employee. No customer service, rude employees, crappy rooms. I know a lot of people that visit Abilene often and this hotel will never even be an option. I hope the news of the behavior of the employees and the dirty, non-stocked rooms will be heard.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brenda K
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Ms. K,
I am so glad we spoke on the phone and came to a resolution. Again, I do apologize for the whole incident. I have spoken with my staff, and they now know to handle this kind of situation in the future. I hope you will give us a second chance and continue doing business with us in the future.
This is not in reference to you, however just to make other readers aware of our policy, we do not allow animals in the hotel (unless they are certified service animals, with proper documentation).
I hope you have a great rest of the week and Mother's Day.
If I can assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call me.
Lynne Haven

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Hilton Hotel provided an excellent stay. It would have been greater if the breakfast was complimentery. Otherwise the accomodations were excellent and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We are please to read in your review that we, the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene provided an excellent stay and thank you for recommending our hotel to everyone. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Even though I requested a non-smoking room, my room smelled like an ash tray. I did not have the time to report the issue as I checked in very late and retired to my room after hours. The staff however is very helpful and courteous. Because of the poor quality of the room I have to give it a thumbs down.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Oscar V

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hotel was dirty. Rooms not cleaned every day. Imagine coming back to your room after a long day at work and finding dirty towels on the floor and the bed not made. Very poor value. Hotel staff did not care about the complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The floors in this hotel were very dirty. The carpet was dirty and the tile floors in the breakfast area were sticky. The shower was moldy and not very clean before my arrival.

This hotel has a policy where they only clean guest rooms every other day. Very nice to come back to the room after a long day at work and find the bed not made, dirty towels on the floor, and the bathroom dirty. When I complained, I was informed about this hotel policy by the front desk staff. Not sure what I was getting for $129/night.

The hotel is expensive for the very limited service they provide. There are lots of other hotels near by that HAVE to be a better and cleaner deal.

Room Tip: I would choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill H
chris a, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

We are very sorry you had to return from work to a room that had not been cleaned. Our restuarant also failed to meet your standards. I know you have come to expect more from a Hilton property. Should we ever have tje opportunity to serve you in the future we will see that this never happens again, -Chris AGM