“Dirty Hotel that only cleans rooms every other day!”

Hilton Garden Inn Abilene
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
“Dirty Hotel that only cleans rooms every other day!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The floors in this hotel were very dirty. The carpet was dirty and the tile floors in the breakfast area were sticky. The shower was moldy and not very clean before my arrival.

This hotel has a policy where they only clean guest rooms every other day. Very nice to come back to the room after a long day at work and find the bed not made, dirty towels on the floor, and the bathroom dirty. When I complained, I was informed about this hotel policy by the front desk staff. Not sure what I was getting for $129/night.

The hotel is expensive for the very limited service they provide. There are lots of other hotels near by that HAVE to be a better and cleaner deal.

Room Tip: I would choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill H
chris a, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are very sorry you had to return from work to a room that had not been cleaned. Our restuarant also failed to meet your standards. I know you have come to expect more from a Hilton property. Should we ever have tje opportunity to serve you in the future we will see that this never happens again, -Chris AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Abilene, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

As a business traveler I loved the great internet connection, the expansive fitness area, as well as the breakfast services. I give the highest recommendation for this hotel. Great location close to the mall and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene. Thank you for giving us your highest recommendation also. Thank you very much for your business and I do look forward to your next visit.
Calvert, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was extremely disappointed in my hotel stay. The check in was extremely slow even though we were the only ones in line and the girl at the desk was not at all friendly or helpful. In my room the bathroom door wouldn't close completely without slamming, couldn't get the alarm clock to work, the room was extremely hot. It seemed like the walls were thin, the noise levels were high from the floor above, the floors in the hallway were uneven. No continental breakfast, the indoor pool area had rust in the bathroom, there were strips of tile broken and the paint was poor. I expected a lot better from a Hilton and at $150 per night. Stayed at another hotel in that area two years ago and had an exceptional stay. Will NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't go by the pictures...not all rooms have garden tubs and not all rooms have bathtubs. If y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna H
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
Big Lake, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

From the girl working the front desk to the bartender and servers. I have never had a worse experience from a major hotel chain. The girl at the front desk never smiled, she rolled her eyes, and sighed several times while checking me in. The bartender would disappear behind the wall with the other servers and we would have to knock on counter to get service. The front desk personnel were extremely loud during the night. I was put in the first room by lobby and could hear just about every conversation at the front desk. Worst hotel I have stayed at in quite some time. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. I was supposed to be there for a week but checked out the next morning and moved across the street to the MCM Elegante!

Room Tip: Other hotels treat you better!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank InspectorV
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
New Braunfels TX
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The two people at the front desk went above and beyond in creating a great stay at this hotel. Their names are Chris and Casey. I loved their can do attitude. The hotel is easy to find and within walking distance to a mall and restaurants. My only wish is that coffee would be available 24/7 in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank foxjoy
 We're always looking for ways to identify star performers on our team here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene and will share your positive review with Chris and Casey. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!
Forsan, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for a family get away. When we checked in rooms were hot. Waited a while thinking they would cool down. Before going to bed I called the front desk and asked if I was doing something wrong with thermostat. I was told room thermostats were set at 67and that was as low as they would go. I asked if they had any fans and was told no but that I could go to CVS and purchase some if we were uncomfortable. Spent a long miserable night on the horrible beds. The next morning I went to front desk and told them of my experience. She said I should have been told that the thermostats could be adjusted from the desk. Why was I not told that the night before???? No compensation was offered. Just had a no care attitude. Needless to say that made me even more upset. My family in all three rooms spent a horrible night. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Judy P
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the HVAC System not working in your room. I've worked with maintenance to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently updating our beds and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to the area.
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The facility common areas were nice and tasteful. Exercise room adequate. Computers in the business office center slow. I was never able to log into my work e mail site. The guest room-over all appeared tasteful furnished. The bed comfortable. That is , until I pulled back to sheets to adjust the bed firmness. On the mattress appeared the dried remnants of some sort of bodily fluid. The bathroom had mold and mildew build up on the corners of the shower. The floor dirty and a live black bug crawling around. The bathroom door was filfty. I brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk. I shared the pictures with her. She said the manager would talk with me. I have not heard a word from the manager.

Food - the dinner meal - the waiter had nothing but rude attitude. I placed my order to go. He rolled his eyes and acted as if it was a big issue to place my order. He never spoke one word to me. Not thank you. Yes. No. No words. The breakfast. Buffet. Eggs and bacon cold. Service was shotty at best. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Janiam33
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Jania,
Thank you for your response in Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel. I was not aware that you wished to speak to me until now. Please contact me at the hotel, so we can discuss this matter and that I may accommodate you for all the trouble that you experienced with the cleanliness of your room, and the disconcerning attitude of the staff.
The comments that you have shared are lower than my expectations for this hotel. I have addressed your notes from the comments with my staff, and we will work diligently to ensure they do not occur again. We have taken care of the issues that you have mentioned and I thank you for bringing them to my attention.
Were there any issues during your stay other than the ones already reported? If there were any issues you did not mention, I would like to know about them, as it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also, if any of my staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.

Again, thank you for your response. If I can be of service to you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,