“My room totally stunk. Fowl smell!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Abilene

Hilton Garden Inn Abilene
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
“My room totally stunk. Fowl smell!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I was asked to initial a sheet confirming i received an information sheet talking about the services of hotel? New policy from mgt. made me laugh

Strange HGI. commented on the smell in the room and they acted like it was no big deal.
Hotel is ok but not great.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Kpkingtn
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff was VERY friendly & helpful. The accommodations were quite comfortable, the business center was easy to access, and the food (breakfast and a late dinner) were very good. All in all a good value (I got a corporate rate through the organization I was visiting for business.) The hotel was very conveniently located and there are plenty of other restaurants/stores around. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
The Hilton Garden Inn Abilene would like to thank you for such a nice review for all our business travelers. We hope to see you again soon.
Trafalgar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Traveling back to Indiana snow forced us to stay in Abilene. With a phone app I found the local hotels and their prices. I called the Hilton and the front desk lady quoted a lower rate, even though the hotel was in demand that night! When I offered to hold the room with my credit card the reservation lady asked if I was driving. Since I was driving she suggested she would hold the room without a credit card to ensure our safety while driving. When we arrived she was covered up with guests but promptly checked me in. She commented on my Hilton Honors status and addressed me by my name with a great smile.

The lobby, room, room service, amenities, bathrooms, etc., were beyond our expectations. While this is not a top of the line Hilton we were treated the same as we usually are whenever we stay at a high end Hilton. We did not pay more than $100.0 for the night's stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rangellalo
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
 Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Abilene Hilton Garden in twice now for business (starting in July and just recently). I will be returning.

The hotel is located in a convenient location by the mall and other local chain restaurants.

Upon arrival, the staff has been very prompt and friendly. This is VERY important being a woman solo traveling in an unfamiliar city. They even gave me a questionnaire about my favorite foods/drinks/etc that would make me feel more at home. They had choices of two cold fruit infused water choices and warm, right out of the oven cookies.

When entering my room, I felt as everything was very clean. I'm kind of a germ-a-phobe and to feel this way is very comforting.

Breakfast wasn't free, but speedy and they made me a great egg white omelet.

Overall, I will be returning on my next quarterly business trips! It looks like previous reviews say they had a bad experiences, but the new management must have really turned things around.

Bravo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jill M
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Jill M,
We always appreciate your comments, whether good or bad, as they allow us to make improvements at our hotel to serve you better.
I'm glad we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay. If there were any issues you did not mention, I would like to know about them, as it is always the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also, if any of my staff went above and beyond for you, please share that with me as well, so that I can commend them on a job well done.
Again, thank you for your response. If I can be of service to you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards,
Lynne Haven, General Manager
Rumson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business and although the hotel is much like any other Hilton Garden Inn, the front desk employee really made me feel welcome. She was very enthusiastic and welcoming. After a long day with clients, it surely made the start of my stay much better.

She offered me a discount voucher for food and drinks at the hotel bar and a breakfast voucher for the morning. I'm part of the Hilton Honors program and an active traveler and rarely have I seen such a commitment to making a great first impression.

Rooms were clean; I had a double queen bed room. Room came with a working desk, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. Rooms had not distracting odors and the room was quiet.

The Internet was a bit to slow for my work which includes online video viewing. I would like to have seen faster access. I tried both the hardwired connection and the WiFi and both were slower than I needed.

Aside from the Internet speed, this is a convenient place to stay, a 3 min walk from the Buffalo Wild Wings where we watched the Giants football game last night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian P
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Abilene is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were appalled with the staff (working level and their default management) attitude. The general inept and inconsiderate - and basically downright [rude] - behavior was entirely prevelant throughout the hotel - when asked to speak to their higher management, there was none since the General Manager had quit and the rest of the leadership chain was nowhere to be seen.

When we raised this issue to their Hilton Honors (since I'm a Diamond Members) we got similar 'pacification and indifference' - which partly explains why such misconduct continues. Apparently, these hotels are individually owned & operated so the "Hilton" name is nothing more than a window dressing. I hate to see how they treat their non-'Diamond' members given our experience there.

In summary, avoid this hotel like the plague! Completely disappointed, disgusted and let down as a customer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MH1X
Lynne H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our hotel. It is true that we have gone through a management transition, but it is no excuse for the behavior of our staff. As the NEW General Manager at our hotel, I can assure you that our staff will be retrained on guest service standards and will no longer harbor any lackadaisical attitides towards our guests.
Again, I apologize for your experience, and hope that if you come back to Abilene, you will choose our hotel to stay in.
If I can be of any other service to you, please don't hesitate to call me at the hotel.
Take care,
Lynne Haven
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and amenities are great! Service is horrible!!!! We recently stayed at the hotel for a a night away and everything we asked felt like a chore for the front desk agents. For one, we asked for coffee because there was only decaf and it was never delivered. At about ten in the evening we got a few items from the snack section next to the front desk. The front desk agent was busy talking to the bartender who was obviously intoxicated, drinking a beer in front of us. He asked us what room and went ahead with his conversation. We got our express check out the next morning with a two dollar charge. This was not right. We called down the next morning to get coffee again, and we were told we would have to come down stairs!!! This hotel service is awful. We got a great price for a clean hotel... So I can't be too picky.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Btr9121
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abilene, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.