“Nice but not worth the price”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
“Nice but not worth the price”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

For $89.00 a night, I expected way more than what we received. The hot breakfast was very limited. The entry ways to the hotel were small which made it hard to bring in luggage. The front doors of the hotel didn't automatically open which make it even harder to bring in luggage. Asked the front desk what the wifi password was and she said "it was only her second day and she didn't know." The fire alarm went off during my baby's nap time. The rooms were not astecially pleasing and outdated.

Beds were comfortable but that is about it. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband drove from Atlanta yesterday. 1000 Miles, 15 hours. I selected this hotel on a hunch even though it was not on the interstate. I knew he would be tired and wanted a reasonably priced really comfortable hotel. This was it. Really comfortable bed, a quiet ac, no traffic noise, a hot tub open til 11 PM and a reasonable price. Heading down to the free breakfast now which I am sure great, too. Best of all we continue our cross country drive with a rested happy driver!

• Stayed June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were at the comfort suites in abilene, texas during the western heritage weekend. We met some friends there and had a blast! The hotel is centrally located and easy to get to. The beds were comfortable and clean, breakfast was fabulous and so was the staff. The manager Ms. Casie was a joy she made us feel like we were at home. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortSuites3165GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property! We want to start by saying that we are thrilled that your stay here was a pleasant one and would like to invite you back to experience the improvement we are making throughout to hotel! Thank you again!
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I got this room to help out my daughters soccer team to get a group rate for the tournament. I made the mistake of trusting someone else and not checking the hotel reviews. First the positive the room was clean for the most part, the beds soft, and there were plenty of towels. Its close to the soccer fields which made an easy commute. Now for the negative and ugly side of things. First it starts out with minor things which I am not a picky person so I have a high tolerance level. When you walk in there is two automatic opening doors followed by one manual door to get in the lobby. This makes it awkward and slows the flow of traffic and is unexpected. The hallways are narrow and the carpets are torn and have an accumulation of dirt behind the doors that stay open all the time. The place had been remodeled how long ago I am not sure but a better job could have been done. You could tell it was meant to be done fast and cheap and it shows in many places. In our room the smoke detector was hanging by wires from the ceiling. There were spots that the paint either went over the trim or did not go all the way to the trim. In our room the ice bucket hat food debris on it and the toilet constantly ran and made a lot of noise. The breakfast was a joke the first day everything was out and a huge mess and not an employee in site. We did not have time to mess with it so we went to wataburger next door. The next day was better there was some eggs, biscuits and gravy among the general juices,cereal and toast.The staff did not tend to it we had to go find someone to replenish all the juices and food.While eating I noticed there was cobwebs and dirt hanging from the ceiling above the food gross. The walls in the room are very thin so you hear every bump and tv. When I went to adjust the A/C unit I notice I could see daylight through it. You could do worse but for 5$ more I could have stayed at the Sleep inn next door and got a full breakfast. Don't even bother with the pool area it is very small and gets crowded fast. The ice machine on the third floor was broken and there was no Ice machine on the second floor that I could find. At one point I need the front desk, after standing and waiting the girl finally comes out and said sorry I was on the phone talking to my dad. In a pinch it is clean enough but there is better options in Abilene.

Room Tip: get the third floor less noise, you can hear people walking down the hallways.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuites3165GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I want to start by saying thank you for writing a review of our hotel and apologizing that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are aware of several pressing needs here at our property and as the new Hotel Manager, I want to assure you that we are doing our dead-level best to get everything back up to par. Let me give you a couple of examples--Since your visit we have cleaned and repainted the breakfast area ceiling, hired full-time breakfast attendants, and gotten in new equipment for our breakfast area. I do realize that these are just drops in the bucket, but there are many more improvements planned for the very near future. I do hope you will give us another chance to exceed you expectation and again thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were at the Comfort Suites in Abilene, Texas during spring break. We met our Grandson has his family there, and we were accompanied by our two great grandsons. The beds were clean, breakfast was good, and the swimming pool was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuites3165GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Abilene Mall, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
First, let me say thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, and for taking the time to review the property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and hope that we see you the next time you are in town to visit the grandkids. Thanks again!
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Casie Griffin is a new manager and did an awesome job for us. The hotel could use some more
TLC and we think Casie is the ticket. This was a last minute rental for us and we feel we made
a good choice. Breakfast was very good and we liked our room. A little noise at first but a call
to Casie solved our problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Guest Services person who checked me in asked me to leave a review of the hotel. She explained that she was working to try to clean up the hotel and wanted to offset some negative reviews in the past. My room on the third floor was fine. Nothing special, but no major problems.

There were a couple of issues, however minor. The ice machine on the third floor is broken. There is no ice machine on the second floor, so I had to go down to the first floor to get ice from the only working machine. Not a big deal, but a little inconvenient.

The other issue was the alarm clock. I found it unplugged which I thought was a little strange. However, after plugging it in and playing with it for 5 minutes, I could not figure out how to set the time. I'm usually pretty good with this kind of thing, but this clock was a mystery. I unplugged it and left it for the next person to figure out.

Friendly staff, decent room and just a couple of annoying things. Pretty average, I'd say.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business