“Good place to stay but 5 miles off I-30”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Dallas, TX USA
“Good place to stay but 5 miles off I-30”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Seen one Fairfield Inn constructed in last 10 years and you've pretty much got the idea. Place was clean, quiet and plenty of restaurants within a mile. Only down side is that it's a 7-10 minute drive off I-30 and even though you can see it from the main road, getting there is a bit tricky. Even my GPS got confused.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dracut, MA
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed at the fairfield Inn Abilene when I went to visit a friend.....I travel the country week in and week out on business and have to say out of all my hotels this is my favorite...I pretty much know there whole front desk staff on a first name basis and they are all fantastic starting right with the GM..... My professional opinion is they are the friendliest most courteous staff I have run into.................DEREK

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I am currently here at this hotel.

DO NOT STAY HERE if you are in Abilene.

The building is falling apart: sections of wallpaper are being held up with colorful thumbtacks, my door won't deadbolt and the ball thing barely fits the sling.

The WIFI is so slow, my YAHOO IM won't connect.

There is no OJ or chocolate milk (only white milk) for breakfast.

The area infront of the elevator is ALWAYS wet because the genius who designed this place put the door to the pool right across the hall from the elevator-the SLOOOOWEST elevator in the world.

The maid service is sketchy.

I have spent 150+ nights in Marriott hotels this past year and if you just leave an IPOD or a book on the bed, they WILL NOT make it, but leave a note that it is "because they cannot touch personal items" VERY STRANGE. Just move it and make my bed like everyone else does.

This place must be individually owned by someone who has been sued.

The floors feel hollow and you make pounding sounds as you walk, despite trying to walk softly. And you can hear other people thunderously walking and doing things in their rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and use it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. I would like to inform you that we are currently in the middle of a large renovation project which is being done to convert the hotel to a Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. These renovations involve:

- New Decor package throughout hotel
- Added Guest Laundry Facility
- Added Fitness Center
- Added Market
- Expanded Lobby with added Fireplace
- Expanded Breakfast Area
- Remodeled King Suites
- Automatic sliding doors to entrance

It is our hope that with these improvements, you will look to us again when booking a room in Abilene.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2008

I have stayed at the Abilene FFI several times over the last few years and this last stay will be my last. The property is definitely not the quality and level of service at other FFIs where I stay on regular basis. The shortcomings are numerous. The A/C heat didn't work well. A fairly large area of paint and texture in the bathroom had fallen from the ceiling and been painted muchless repaired. The blinds in the stairwells and at the ends of the halls were dirty with numerous broken parts. The handrails in the stairwells as well as on many door jams going into rooms were dirty and needed to be painted as the paint had long since been scratched and rubbed off. The breakfast was also had much less selection and items to choose from than other FFIs. My kids were very disappointed that there were no waffles they could cook as in all other FFIs I have stayed in.
I have to wonder when this property was last inspected and reviewed by Marriott.
On the positive side, I will say that the staff was friendly and attentive.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midland
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I am still in the hotel..this will be my second night.
It is "OK" but I wll not be returning to this location.
The Good:
Front Desk folks were very nice and check in was easy.
The bed is comfy
The breakfast was nice
The Bad:
The hotel property seems very worn and tired. Hard to get to if you have never been here before.
Room 114..remember that...you do not want that room it is next to the laundry room that is continously making noises. Annoying noises! It is also near the pool and Jacuzzi so the smell of chlorine permiates the walls. ouside the window people chatted all night out on the porch and the little bench area. It is a non-smoking hotel but they have plenty of smokers..OUTSIDE chatting like gackles all night. Make sure if you stay here you get a room to the back and/or an upper floor.
I did not get my room cleaned until after 4:00pm today!..well get my bed made..it is a stretch to say cleaned.. I did not get replacement shampoos of those I used this morning.
The fitted sheet kept popping up on the corner every time I move on the bed last night.
I saw several small bugs here and there which makes me wonder...(Small ants, a spider and what appeared to be like a tiny cockroach. While chasing one I discovered that under the cushion of the chair was AWFUL...I will NOT Sit in it now...ACK
Can't turn the fan up to high on the AC it blows out the curtains.
The place needs a good scrubbing and a facelift. Plain and simple.
I was very disappointed since it was a Fairfield I expected so much more.
If you just need a place to stay and you can get a special rate it is tolerable but..I assure you there are nicer places here in Abilene.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — The many noises
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Susieq1047
phoenix
Reviewed March 6, 2007

*Very difficult to find if you miss the enterance.
*The Room could have been nice, it just looked like they had not cleaned it in a long time. Dirt pieces all over the floor under the desk, and a layer of dirt around the edges.
*We told the front desk, and their response was that this is the first time they had ever heard that.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2006

we had several room book and the maid did not cleam half of them...he had to request towels several time....and had to request tissue ...because maid never cleaned room...

Stayed June 2006