“beyond wonderful”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had the best service and friendly surroundings. Loved the entire staff. We were there during a very stressful time (two children were having procedures at the hospital) The staff made my entire family feel like we were among friends and family instead of a strangers.They went way beyond the expected. Thanks again. Have recommended this location to others and will continue to regard this location as the best. Cant wait for the next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was a three night stay with three other couples who rented their own rooms. The bed was amazing. The breakfast was regular Marriott fare. The staff was awesome and met our every need. This facility as well as all the services in Abilene were out of their way to make the HOG members welcome.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always best!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Sheree at the desk was extremely helpful--going above and beyond in getting us situated with what we needed. She Accommodated us with a rollaway bed and a room change and was more than happy to help. Overall felt very well taken care of and appreciate the kind and generous service.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a one night stay on a family road trip, four people (2 adults, 2 children) stayed in a 2-Queen standard room. We originally reserved a king room with a sleeper and a roll away which was supposed to sleep all four of us. However, when we arrived we realized there was no room to use both the roll away and the pull out sofa (only enough room for 1) and the love seat was too small for either of our children to sleep on. So we asked to change rooms. It was late when we arrived (after 10:00pm) but the staff had no problem moving us across the hall. Note, we stayed on the top floor (4th floor) which was good on the one hand because there was no foot traffic above us, however, there is an Air Force Base a few miles away and on this particular night the air traffic was heavy overhead. We were able to sleep through it though.

Clean rooms, microwave and fridge in room, nice accommodations, friendly staff, comfortable beds. So-so breakfast but it’s free so can’t complain. Convenient interstate access. Exactly what we expected from this chain. Will stay again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, try the top floor. Unless you prefer footsteps to jets
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear LarryMux,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene. The desk clerk that helped you is a great associate, and your comments made her day!! We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Linda at the front desk went out of her way to assist me with an online reservation for another family member using Marriott points. We realized we could not change the guest name and although she was very busy with in-house customers, she went out of her way to ensure that it was set up properly.
She took my phone number and called me back and then emailed me the appropriate forms so we could book the reservation. Linda demonstrates what customer service looks like and I commend her for her hard work and attention to detail.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear N J,
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene. Linda is a valuable associate, and she was very happy to see your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Fairfield. The front desk staff was very kind and attentive. My room was on the fourth floor at the end of the hall...very private. I didn't leave my room until afternoon so I left a note to housekeeping thanking them for the privacy. Aimee wrote me a note to say I was most welcome and to let her know if I needed anything else. That's fantastic service to me! I mentioned that a chair in my room had something strange on it and they had someone clean it immediately! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the hotel is a little older and not easy to get to. But the staff, the room, and the breakfast made my visit very pleasant.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor at the end of the hall. Very private!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I have traveled Monday thru Friday every week of the year since 2010 so you can imagine my experience in different hotels and here is my experience at this much needed to improve facility.

First let me tell you the pros
PROS:

- Plenty of parking space
- comfortable beds and clean restrooms
- acceptable breakfast
- 24 hrs front desk help
- good doing your wake up calls

Let me tell you my CONS and bad experiences with this facility

First of all, being a brand god fathered by Marriott you will expect more but this time was a disappointment

- Upon my arrival they have me my room and the beds in the room looked like someone just made love there plus 2 wet towels hanging , one from a chair and another one from the flat screen tv, of course I immediately called the front desk and they said they were going to upgrade me which they just moved me to another room ( supposedly upgrade ) and have me a bottle of water for the inconvenience which for starters SHOULD NOT happen, it is unacceptable for the marriott brands.
- the week's weather was terrible and I requested a windows scraper to remove the ice from my car, usually the staff helps you do it or gives you the tools to do it, I received a broken cd and they just told me " here, go do it yourself" oh god what an excellent customer service.
- I travel Monday thru Friday so I bring my own food and snacks but this time I forgot my sodas so I bought one from the front desk which cost me 2 bucks just like if I was in Vegas haha and the sad thing was that I drank a quarter of it and left it on top of my fridge with all my snacks and food and the cleaning lady threw my soda to the trash, I advised the manager that someone threw the soda I intended to drink that afternoon cause I was not gonna pay another 2 bucks and her response was " oh well, next time put your soda inside the fridge" no apologies no replacement just like if nothing happened , again bad, bad customer service. Careless attitude.
- Rip off if you try to buy things from the little store at front desk, the sodas are 2 bucks and the SMALL CHOCOLATES 2.25 each when at Walmart are .79 cents, when I asked why so expensive the response was" oh well that's is how we make our money honey" sounded like they do not need my business so last time at this hotel.

Please DO NOT WASTE your money staying at facilities that don't care to improve , fortunately in the USA we have many other hotels that are improving daily and are eager to get our business.
Hope my feedback helps future travelers.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bryanmantezoni
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Bryanmantezoni,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about the level of service you received while you were our guest. It is our mission to impress our guests, and it sounds like we really let you down. I have already addressed this behavior with my staff and can assure you it won't happen again. Please allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service I know we are capable of on your next trip to Abilene.