“For the love of friends.”

Hampton Inn Abilene
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I traveled from Frederick, Ok to Abilene, Tx to be with friends for a weekend birthday party and I love this hotel brand. Especially their breakfast. I didn't interact to much with the staff because I didn't stay long and I really didn't need anything, but the service I did receive was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staff was great, room was great, But this property doesn't have an automatic sliding front door. Because of this and the fact that their is no ramp from the drive aligned with the front door, it is very difficult for an indivual to enter the front door while pushing a luggage cart. In my case, the back two wheels of the cart went off the curb as I backed up to open the door, which almost turned the cart over. Numerious other guest that I spoke to experienced the same problem. I would highly recomend installing a automatic sliding front door at this property. I will not stay there again until the problem is corrected.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AbileneHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our great staff and rooms. Please accept my sincere apology that you were inconvenienced during your stay by our lack of an automatic door. We will be renovating later this year and are planning on installing the automated door at that time. I hope the next time you’re in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like family. The front desk clerk Chris was welcoming and quick with our check-in.And gave us ice cold bottles of water to quench our Texas size thirst ! The room was lovely and top notch comfort , fresh and most importantly CLEAN. The duvets on the bed were like lying on clouds. So soft and comfortable. Chris gave us detailed directions to a great place to eat and have adult beverages. Upon our return to the hotel, we were warmly great and asked how our dinner was by Chris and a very nice woman whom I later found out was the general manager. She was friendly and proud of " her hotel" as she should be. There was a bunch of kiddos in the pool and hot tub until 11 . Then it time for us adults to enjoy it. Nicely maintained and was so relaxing after driving half the day. In the morning we were treated to a wonderful free hot breakfast. Was so scrumptious and the hostess was nice and attentive to everyone that was enjoying the food. We planned on visiting the zoo, and the day front desk clerk Nancy gave us easy to follow directions and told us to call her if we got lost and she would get us there. This hotel and the people that work there made our trip not only enjoyable but also memorable . We plan on coming back soon because of them!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the pool was great, the breakfast was free but not so good, but for price of 140$ i thought it would have been a lot nicer. in the shower right above your head the ceiling is pilling, the wall paper in our restroom was coming off. over all the great hotel jut need to lower the pricings. we had the king rm wit a queen pull out couch bed was pretty comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea P
AbileneHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My daughter and I had a room on the 4th floor, for 3 days. I don't remember feeling so welcomed, and appreciated as a guest in any other hotel I have stayed at. The temperature was easily controlled, the beds were just great, all of the mambers of the staff that we came into contact with were more then helpful. Your continental breakfast had great variety and good quality. I really enjoyed the oatmeal and the variety of sides to go along with it. The waffle was good too. All in all a wonderful time. I shall return.

Room Tip: All I; can say is: room 409 was wonderfully comfortable, Had a great sleep and a quiet room. THe c...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank damehayden
AbileneHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Wow! Thank you for such a Glowing review! My staff and I work really hard to make all our guests feel at home so I am Very happy that you felt Welcomed and Appreciated. It sound like you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to you coming back again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice staff, expected Hampton quality. Parking is not so good. Breakfast was the typical precooked sausage & eggs, good fresh fruit, waffle iron etc. hot and cold cereal, yogurt, danish, muffins,biscuits and gravy, juice and coffee. Fills the void if that is what you need to do.

Room Tip: top floor for P& Q
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Really great staff. Typical Hampton Inn. I got stuck in Town due to weather and booked here. Cool new thing at ck in. Instead of putting Diamond drink and snack in room they have a nice selection at front desk. Great variety. Great idea!

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The new Diamond snack and beverage choice is a new program Hilton is launching at all Hampton Inn’s. I appreciate the comment about my staff being GREAT, I think they are too. Thanks again for choosing to stay at my Hampton and I hope to see you again soon.