“Good hotel, great location”

Hampton Inn Abilene
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Spent 5 nights at this hotel, great comfortable beds, clean and very convenient, would stay there again. Not exceedingly fantastic but serves the purpose very well!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Abilene

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have stayed here many times over the last couple of years and return due to consistent, friendly service. It is a somewhat older Hampton Inn, with relatively smaller rooms. It has typical Hampton breakfast and there are cookies and milk in the afternoon/evening. There is an indoor pool, which is nice for year-round use. It is in a good location in southwest Abilene near shopping and dining options (Target is right across the street and a mall is a couple of blocks south). I continue to have this as one of my two favorite places to stay when in Abilene, primarily due to the service and proximity to restaurants. Everything is always clean and in good working order.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I'm here now and we are trying to find another hotel first we booked a suite and they didn't give us one the room is nasty their is hair that didn't come from us it smells and the staff is rude we will be here for the next 4 week on work and will not stay here i would tell you something goo but i have yet to find something

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This hotel is very old and dated. From the time you drive up to the strangely remodeled hotel you can see this. The front entrance is a single-wide manual open door. Difficult to navigate with even very little luggage. The front desk/breakfast area is obviously not where it was intended to be when first built. The carpets and entire building look very dated.

The room itself is adequate but small. The TV is (I know, I'm being repetitive) old. The room does have a mini-fridge... Sitting alone on the ground by the window. It also has a coffee maker... Sitting on the countertop in the bathroom. The Internet is slow and finicky (not odd for most hotels though). The pool seems to be decent.

Tge service seems decent. I stood at tge front desk for several minutes before the lady appeared from the back and when leaving to eat there were two people looking around for somebody. However, check-in was fast.

The location is somewhat difficult to get in an out of. It's not scary bad but an older section of town.

Bottom line is I'm in Abilene two nights and I'm cutting my stay here short and made a reservation across town in another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank joelamosobadiah
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This Hampton is well maintained. We had reservations and check in was speedy. The grounds are well lit. Staff was friendly and the entry was well stocked with a great selection of beverages. Our room was on the first floor near the pool; however, it was quiet and peaceful. Our room was clean and the bedding was comfortable. The pool is small, but the temperautre is great, nice to relax in. The whirpool temperature was too hot. The breakfast comes with the room and was adequate. The breakfast area does become crowded and the seating arrangement is not an ideal one. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We were in town for a volleyball tournament and the hotel was full. The check-in clerk seemed tired and bored but did check us in quickly. The "breakfast lady" was quick and efficient and kept the food coming even with a crowd. Heard children running/stomping in the room above us as we tried to go to sleep about 10:30 p.m. Thinking about it, I would have to say that with the crowd there, the fact that everything went smoothly says it is a well-run establishment.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We recently booked here while attending a conference. The hotel is in a good location, close to about anything you need, the mall, restaurants, shops. Easy to find. Its an older hotel with a slightly strange layout. The rooms were clean, the bedding was new but some of the furniture was old and worn, however the bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled and quite nice. I thought the AC was a little underpowered for the size of of the room. Wish it had a flat screen, and no HBO.

Breakfast was good and changed a little each morning. I laughed one morning when the sign said "fresh fruit" and it was canned fruit cocktail. They always had apples and bananans next to the desk though. The internet seemed a bit slow but I really loved the lap desk they provide so you can sit in bed, work on the computer and watch TV. The bedding was very nice, pillows excellent. I wish they had a workout room on site, the free gym pass is nice, but its a mile away. I ended up just walking a few blocks over to the mall and walking around there for exercise.

The one really negative event happened after I checked out in the morning. At lunch time I remembered that I had left my prescription shampoo in my room. About 1pm I returned to the hotel, the front desk gave me another room key and I went to my old room and discovered that it had already been cleaned and the shampoo was gone. The maid was next door and I asked her about it. She denied knowing anything about it and then said she was told to throw everything away. I told her it was a prescription bottle and had my name on it. She looked through the trash but it did not appear. I thougt maybe I had packed it and told the front desk what I was missing just in case. Back home I checked my luggage and nothing. I've called the hotel a couple of times since then and no luck either. I can't blame the hotel for this, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Out of all the things I've left in the hotels over the years that I somehow managed to get back, I figured a prescription bottle with my name and address on it would come back to me.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business