Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel was nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable with soft sheets and good pillows! The location is great! It is right across from the mall and close to restaurants also! So it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are happy that you were comfortable with your stay with us. Hopefully on your next trip to Abilene, you will choose us as your choice hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tulia
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have stayed in several Abilene hotels but decided to try the Courtyard since I have stayed in several Marriott properties recently. What a pleasant stay! The lobby was large and attractive and could accommodate several groups. A large beautiful patio and large pool were outside. The staff were exceptionally cordial. Breakfast was available for purchase. We ate there one morning. The food was good and the servings were large. The breakfast food was much better that in the Amarillo Courtyard. Evening bistro food and beverages are also available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the excellent review. We are happy that you had a great stay with us! We definitely hope to see you again in the future, if the occasion arises.
colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We checked in to this Courtyard expecting the same service we received at other Courtyards. That was not the case. The lady at the front desk did not recognize us as Gold members or even reward members at all. We went back to ask about breakfast and were told they don't offer anything for gold members. We try to be loyal to Marriott, but next time I will pick a different hotel. The hotel is clean. There is no hot tub and a very small pool. When we check out in the morning we will eat somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. Unfortunately, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, however we have a great selection to purchase from our Bistro. We greatly appreciate your review and hope that you allow us to make it up to you in the future!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Smaller CY Marriott not a great view but what a wonderful staff at every point! Even housekeeping had it going on to the letter. The room was extremely clean and well kept as well as the entire Inn at every point. This was a wonderful over all stay on all points I give it an A++.

Not everyone can enjoy West Texas such as I but as most places in West Texas the beauty and the prize are the people. You will not regret your stay at this Inn!

Room Tip: Always ask to see your room before check in acceptance.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! I am happy that you had such a nice stay with us! We pride ourselves on our great staff and customer service. We hope to serve you again in the future!
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here mostly because of the positive reviews here on Trip Advisor.

Yes, the hotel is nice and clean. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

I had two problems.

First, when I returned to the room after dinner out there was loud music coming from the room next door, or so I thought. When I called the front desk to alert them to the music I was told that it was not the room next door but a function going on in the meeting room. The woman told me not to worry, it would stop by 9. She said that since it was so loud and it was bothering me she would give me a free breakfast. I don't need a free breakfast, what I would like is a quiet room. The music did indeed stop at 9:30 but it was followed by a guy giving a sermon or a motivational speech over the PA in the meeting room that was louder than the music. It stopped at 10:00
When I say it was loud keep in mind It was shaking the wall in my second floor room.

I thought I might ignore it and distract myself from the noise by doing some work on the computer, but the wifi was non existent.

It could have been a very nice stay, but it seems to me having a function that is that disruptive is a failure at the most basic level. Acknowledging the problem and trying to placate me with a "free breakfast" does not do it for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review for our property. Without your feedback these incidents may otherwise go unnoticed and not get resolved. I am so sorry to hear this about your stay. We would love to make it up to you if you are ever in Abilene again. Thank you, again for taking the time to give us your honest feedback.
Porter, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May 2014 and the rooms were comfortable, the hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. My son and I left to go to a festival nearby and once there realized I had left a wad of bills, about $80.00 on the desk at the hotel. On our return I found the room was made and the money was right where I left it. I was very impressed and thankful to the cleaning staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Raechellee N, Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We take pride in our staff and trust that they are always honest and respectful, I am happy to hear that this holds true. We hope to see you again in the future!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott Abilene is a clean and modern hotel. It is right by the mall and restaurants in Abilene. You can easily access the highway. Crystal at the front desk was very helpful just as the rest of the staff with arrival in the late evening. The hard part was finding breakfast with having an early appointment the next morning in San Angelo. Overall great staff and nice experience here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank R K
Raechellee N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We pride ourselves on above and beyond service and I am so happy that our staff was able to provide that to you. We hope to see you again if the occasion arises!