“Great night stay except.....”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was a little tricky to find as it was getting dark. Lovely lobby, friendly front desk, happy to see a Deli/Bistro in the lobby. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Ordering food from the Deli turned into a big joke. It took us an hour to get a chicken Quesadilla. The woman before us waited 90 minutes for a chicken salad! There was a group of workers in the lobby who said the deli worker was always this slow. Otherwise, we had a great night sleep, up early and back on the road

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleenalaska
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your sharing your recent experience while our guest at the Courtyard Abilene. It appears your stay was going great until your visit to the Bistro. I do apologize for the slow service and please know this problem has been taken care of. We expect above and beyond service for all of our guests. I look forward to having you back again soon and experience the change.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice and clean hotel -- near the mall and many restaurants. The staff was helpful and professional. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well taken care of. The room itself was pretty large.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott, Abilene and for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back if travel plans permit.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

First time in a long time I slept 9 straight hours. I need this mattress in my house. Very clean and comfortable room. Would definitely stay again. Would have loved for a small breakfast to be included for the $120 price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are so glad we could provide you with a full nights rest. The Courtyard by Marriott, Abilene wants you to feel like you are at home every visit and wake up refreshed. We appreciate your comments and truly take them into consideration for making it an even better stay next time.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Overall the stay was great. The desk staff was friendly and informative. I was in town on business so it was a quick in-and-out. The hotel is close to the airport which is convenient and there's plenty of places to eat nearby. The only odd thing was that my bed (king) didn't have any normal size pillows. They were all square, couch-style throw pillows. I didn't notice until I crawled into bed after a long day so I opted to deal with it but I am sure regular pillows were indeed available since my work colleagues all said their beds had normal ones. My only real complaint was that breakfast is not included. Other hotels in the same price range include breakfast, at least a buffet. The in-house restaurant serves breakfast but is kind of pricey. I knew this going in, so it doesn't effect my rating on anything other than value, and I only offer it as a suggestion to Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your sharing your experience while our guest at the Courtyard by Marriott, Abilene. I apologize for the quality of pillows in your room and please know this problem has been taken care of. We expect above and beyond service for all of our guests. I look forward to having you back again soon and experience the change.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the second weekend of June with three (3) small children. We arrived late and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean with some minor items being; 1) the refrigerator was not cleaned out from the prior guest (takeout & cherries); and, 2) the cover of the bathroom fan was dangling from the ceiling. The room was well furnished with a big screen television, but several channels would not work and the remaining pixelated randomly. The bed was comfortable and the pull-out sofa-bed was just right for small children. The breakfast buffet was good and served Starbucks coffee. I would recommend getting the room & breakfast rate as a normal charge for breakfast is $9.95 per person. The Bistro / Dining Room area was updated and served food throughout the day. We did not eat from the Bistro (other than breakfast) but ordered mixed drinks at night that were very good and moderately priced. The pool area has minimal amenities (deck chairs, few tables, no towels), but the pool was clean (if not freezing) and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.

Overall, a solid quality fair priced hotel with nice amenities on the ground floor (business center, etc) in a good location and the staff were all very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: third (3rd) floor facing south is quiet and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff are the nicest i have seen in a while. The rooms are very clean and modern with a large TV. I have stayed at this location a total of a couple of months so far this year. It is my home away from Home. I would definitely recommend this Property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you so very much taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay at the Courtyard Abilene. Our team is dedicated to making you happy when staying with us. That's what we love to do! We are glad you have made it your "home away from home" while in Abilene. Hope to see you back again real soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found the marriott to have nice clean rooms that were updated. The beds were very comfortable. Room was well laid out with desk area, big t.v.,adequate doors space. The bathroom was a good size with separate sink/mirror area outside to accommodate two getting ready at the same time. The lobby had updated decor and wonderful groupings so several separate guest could use it at same time without infringing on each other. Separate area with two computers and printers was great for printing out boarding passes the day before departure. Staff at desk as well as housekeeping were very friendless and accommodating. Many excellent and healthy food items offered. Loved the free coffee in lobby complete with sugar and creamer. It was my morning highlight and made me feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your very informative review of Courtyard-Abilene. We know it takes time out of your busy schedule to write but we truly appreciate the kind words. We look forward to having you and your family at Courtyard in the near future!