“Out of the ordinary service from the whole staff.”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Fort Worth, Texas
“Out of the ordinary service from the whole staff.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stay at this place fairly often, probably once a month. Every time I stay, all the staff is very friendly. Summer at the front desk remembered a specific request I made over a month ago and honored it when I first showed up yesterday. After raving about the cookies that they sometimes have made when I come in during the afternoon, Gretchen made sure that Amy made cookies today, and they even called me when they were ready and had a small plate waiting for me specifically! What fantastic service! Also, Tom is a very funny seasoned gentleman that'll be there to greet you early in the morning when you're dreary-eyed and put a smile on your face.

1 Thank Cole L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is GREAT! Clean rooms, awesome staff, nice amenities including very comfortable pillows. The hotel has been remodeled and everything is in great shape including the rooms, exercise facility, pool and bar/bistro. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. I was initially greeted by Gretchen who gave us information on local attractions and restaurants. Later that evening Summer gave us information on restaurants, attractions and shopping. Their friendly personalities made me feel welcomed and appreciated.

Room Tip: The mall and Buffalo Wild Wings are across the street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments about your stay at the Courtyard! We look forward to serving you and your family in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a very warming welcome after a long-boring drive through West Texas. We were greeted at the front desk by a beautiful staff member named Summer who processed all the other guests who were in front of me so quickly that my wait time to check-in wasn't very long at all. She was very helpful and in providing directions and answering questions and provided great recommendations toward local restaurants, activities, attractions in Abilene and hotspots for nightlife. The lobby and bar was tastefully remodeled not long ago and the rooms were very well-appointed and clean compared to other Marriott's we had been in earlier. The internet speeds also are much quicker than others hotels I have stayed in... which makings loading times much more tolerable. This is a perfect home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My stay at this establishment has been excellent! The woman at the front named Summer provided the best service I've ever experienced. She fulfilled all of my travel needs and made me feel like I was at home. I can not say enough good things about her and this hotel. Awesome!

• Stayed March 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in your busy schedule to share your experience while staying at the Courtyard in Abilene. We are all happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to having you back again real soon.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Such a friendly staff, they go out of their way to accomida the guests. The staff is very knowledgeable abouy Abilene and suggest great place to go and fun things to do. Always a smile on their faces, especially Summer.

• Stayed January 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It's so wonderful to have guests such as you to share their experience while visiting the Abilene Courtyard. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting everyone know about our associates that love smile, nice going Summer! Hope to have you back again real soon!
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We called another chain 24 hours in advance to confirm a walk-in shower handicap assessible room was reserved. When we arrived 250 miles later, they didn't have one. After calling a dozen hotels in the next two hours, Courtyard by Marriott had a room for the weekend starting that night, confirmed the walk-in shower with a visit to the room and the room / service has been wonderful..Kudos to Gretchen at the desk. Courtyard is now my first choice in hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are proud you ended up at the Courtyard while in Abilene and thank you so much for sharing your experience as our! guest. We are glad Gretchen was accommodating to you and met your expectations. We hope to have you back again soon!
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel frequently for work and typically stay at Hilton hotels so was skeptical about Marriott and I must say, this is definitely taking the reigns as my number one preference!!! The staff in outstanding (especially Gretchen) - they have remembered me and the group I am traveling with and our complicated room situation since day one and have been nothing but flexible and wonderful! The room is the nicest I have seen.. Nice setup, microwave, fridge, sofa, good television .. And the shower products are even great!! (Paul Mitchell) Surprised by little perks over the last few days: great coffee with creamer and warm cookies!! It just doesn't get any better than this!!! THANK YOU COURTYARD MARRIOTT

• Stayed February 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are excited to hear you have a different opinion of Marriott after staying with us at the Courtyard in Abilene. I am so proud of Gretchen and the associates for offering such a warm and hospitable experience. We look forward to your return!