“Very professional staff and meticulously maintained”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very professional staff and meticulously maintained”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a very warming welcome after a long-boring drive through West Texas. We were greeted at the front desk by a beautiful staff member named Summer who processed all the other guests who were in front of me so quickly that my wait time to check-in wasn't very long at all. She was very helpful and in providing directions and answering questions and provided great recommendations toward local restaurants, activities, attractions in Abilene and hotspots for nightlife. The lobby and bar was tastefully remodeled not long ago and the rooms were very well-appointed and clean compared to other Marriott's we had been in earlier. The internet speeds also are much quicker than others hotels I have stayed in... which makings loading times much more tolerable. This is a perfect home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Alecia L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My stay at this establishment has been excellent! The woman at the front named Summer provided the best service I've ever experienced. She fulfilled all of my travel needs and made me feel like I was at home. I can not say enough good things about her and this hotel. Awesome!

• Stayed March 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in your busy schedule to share your experience while staying at the Courtyard in Abilene. We are all happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to having you back again real soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Such a friendly staff, they go out of their way to accomida the guests. The staff is very knowledgeable abouy Abilene and suggest great place to go and fun things to do. Always a smile on their faces, especially Summer.

• Stayed January 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It's so wonderful to have guests such as you to share their experience while visiting the Abilene Courtyard. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting everyone know about our associates that love smile, nice going Summer! Hope to have you back again real soon!
Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We called another chain 24 hours in advance to confirm a walk-in shower handicap assessible room was reserved. When we arrived 250 miles later, they didn't have one. After calling a dozen hotels in the next two hours, Courtyard by Marriott had a room for the weekend starting that night, confirmed the walk-in shower with a visit to the room and the room / service has been wonderful..Kudos to Gretchen at the desk. Courtyard is now my first choice in hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are proud you ended up at the Courtyard while in Abilene and thank you so much for sharing your experience as our! guest. We are glad Gretchen was accommodating to you and met your expectations. We hope to have you back again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel frequently for work and typically stay at Hilton hotels so was skeptical about Marriott and I must say, this is definitely taking the reigns as my number one preference!!! The staff in outstanding (especially Gretchen) - they have remembered me and the group I am traveling with and our complicated room situation since day one and have been nothing but flexible and wonderful! The room is the nicest I have seen.. Nice setup, microwave, fridge, sofa, good television .. And the shower products are even great!! (Paul Mitchell) Surprised by little perks over the last few days: great coffee with creamer and warm cookies!! It just doesn't get any better than this!!! THANK YOU COURTYARD MARRIOTT

• Stayed February 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are excited to hear you have a different opinion of Marriott after staying with us at the Courtyard in Abilene. I am so proud of Gretchen and the associates for offering such a warm and hospitable experience. We look forward to your return!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would reccomend this is as the best hotel in TEXAS!!! I was genuinly greeted by the front desk. The young lady Gretchen was outsanding!! I was offered fresh warm cookies. I was also told about the anemities and she walked around the desk to walk me to thier new destinations screen so that I could get information about the surrounding areas. Incidently I forgot my rental car keys at the front desk. She called my rental company several times until they were able to figure out they belonged to me. I got a call on my cell at 10pm from the rental car company to let me know that my keys were at the front desk. I believe my experiace was WORLD CLASS!!! I hope they clone Gretchens in all of thier other hotels accross Texas, because I will stay at a Courtyard ANYWHERE!! ANYTIME!! ALWAYS!! In Abeline should get the Hotel of year award, Service of year award, all awards!!! THEY SHOULD ALSO BE RANKED NUMBER 1 in Abeline, TX!!!!!!

Room Tip: any room is a good room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jose A
Thank you so much for spending your valuable time letting everyone know about your recent stay experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Abilene. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our associates were warm and hospitable during your visit. We hope to have you as our guest again real soon. I too wish I could clone Gretchen!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Most hotels do not take the time to try and remember each guest after checking in; However the friendliness, professionalism, and personal attention from this amazing hotels staff has made my long term stay one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had. I just wanted to say Thanks

• Stayed December 2012
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
THANK YOU SO MUCH! On behalf of the Abilene Courtyard TEAM we appreciate your kind words about your extended stay with us. We are sad to see you go and hope to have you back really soon! Thank you again!