“New hotel of choice!”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
“New hotel of choice!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel frequently for work and typically stay at Hilton hotels so was skeptical about Marriott and I must say, this is definitely taking the reigns as my number one preference!!! The staff in outstanding (especially Gretchen) - they have remembered me and the group I am traveling with and our complicated room situation since day one and have been nothing but flexible and wonderful! The room is the nicest I have seen.. Nice setup, microwave, fridge, sofa, good television .. And the shower products are even great!! (Paul Mitchell) Surprised by little perks over the last few days: great coffee with creamer and warm cookies!! It just doesn't get any better than this!!! THANK YOU COURTYARD MARRIOTT

• Stayed February 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are excited to hear you have a different opinion of Marriott after staying with us at the Courtyard in Abilene. I am so proud of Gretchen and the associates for offering such a warm and hospitable experience. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would reccomend this is as the best hotel in TEXAS!!! I was genuinly greeted by the front desk. The young lady Gretchen was outsanding!! I was offered fresh warm cookies. I was also told about the anemities and she walked around the desk to walk me to thier new destinations screen so that I could get information about the surrounding areas. Incidently I forgot my rental car keys at the front desk. She called my rental company several times until they were able to figure out they belonged to me. I got a call on my cell at 10pm from the rental car company to let me know that my keys were at the front desk. I believe my experiace was WORLD CLASS!!! I hope they clone Gretchens in all of thier other hotels accross Texas, because I will stay at a Courtyard ANYWHERE!! ANYTIME!! ALWAYS!! In Abeline should get the Hotel of year award, Service of year award, all awards!!! THEY SHOULD ALSO BE RANKED NUMBER 1 in Abeline, TX!!!!!!

Room Tip: any room is a good room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jose A
Thank you so much for spending your valuable time letting everyone know about your recent stay experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Abilene. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our associates were warm and hospitable during your visit. We hope to have you as our guest again real soon. I too wish I could clone Gretchen!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Most hotels do not take the time to try and remember each guest after checking in; However the friendliness, professionalism, and personal attention from this amazing hotels staff has made my long term stay one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had. I just wanted to say Thanks

• Stayed December 2012
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
THANK YOU SO MUCH! On behalf of the Abilene Courtyard TEAM we appreciate your kind words about your extended stay with us. We are sad to see you go and hope to have you back really soon! Thank you again!
Bridgeport, TX
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott usually performs to expectations, but this location went above and beyond. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel itself was very nice. The thing I was impressed with the most was the room itself. It was very well appointed and the amenities were great. Nice flat screen TV, bug bathroom, kitchenette area had full size fridge and kitchen amenities etc.

Room Tip: I stayed in the first room on the right as you head down the hall from the Lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott while in Abilene. Our associates and management team thrive on pleasing our guests and celebrate together when we hear from you. Thank you again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Staff is awesome. Rooms are clean and well appointed. My lower rating is a protest against charging mall prices for breakfast.
The items offered are not only pricey but there are also not very good. There are other better options in town with quite quite decent free breakfasts and cheaper rate.

• Stayed January 2013
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey about your recent experience. Ouch... unfortunately the breakfast for Courtyard by Marriott is at standards so our hands are tied in this situation. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the staff and the rest of the stay. I would like to suggest you select our breakfast included stay when making your next reservation. We hope to have you back soon breakfast is on us next time.
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I returned here for another extended stay starting in mid-October last year and departed in mid-December, when I took off for a Marriott Rewards Travel package redemption trip to Sydney Australia: one week's hotel stay at the Marriott Quay and 120,000 United airline miles acquired as well, with an amazing experience in the "Land Down Under." (See my January 9, 2013, review of the Marriott Quay on Trip Advisor.)

Darlene and her staff treated me as well this time as they did on a prior extended stay, for which I wrote my first Trip Advisor review ever in 2012. Darlene, her staff, and this Coutyard Marriott in Abilene absolutely deserved a tip of the hat and I gave it to them. No. They earned it. When I came back for my second stay, they even gave me back the room in which I'd (figuratively) carved my initials on the walls, having stayed there a few months.

Between the two stays, I booked one-half a million Marriott reward points, through various program bonuses, my elite platinum, and a Chase Marriott credit card--and recently used 270,000 points for a Marriott Rewards Travel package for one week's stay in Barcelona, Spain at a Renaissance Inn in the heart of the city, and 120,000 United airline miles that bought us two economy roundtrip tickets to Barcelona and back. Too bad I can't return for a third stay. I hope to do so some day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your awesome review. What a wonderful rewards program Marriott extends to our "road warriors"... It truly delights me to know you enjoy staying with us at the Courtyard while in Abilene. We welcome you back; after all you are part of our Marriott family. Thanks again!
Bryan
Reviewed December 13, 2012

In June 2012 our families came in from out of town and decended on this hotel for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding. Chris and the other staff were so great and really went out of their way to help us in any way possible. We sincerely appreciated the management and all the staff for all their assistance and patience that helped to make this a fun and memorable weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We want to thank you and your family for allowing the Courtyard in Abilene to take care of you during the wedding. Congratulations! We hope you will stay with us again when traveling to Abilene. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!