“Another great stay in Abilene AND 120,000 United airline miles and a week in Barcelona, Spain to boot.”

Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I returned here for another extended stay starting in mid-October last year and departed in mid-December, when I took off for a Marriott Rewards Travel package redemption trip to Sydney Australia: one week's hotel stay at the Marriott Quay and 120,000 United airline miles acquired as well, with an amazing experience in the "Land Down Under." (See my January 9, 2013, review of the Marriott Quay on Trip Advisor.)

Darlene and her staff treated me as well this time as they did on a prior extended stay, for which I wrote my first Trip Advisor review ever in 2012. Darlene, her staff, and this Coutyard Marriott in Abilene absolutely deserved a tip of the hat and I gave it to them. No. They earned it. When I came back for my second stay, they even gave me back the room in which I'd (figuratively) carved my initials on the walls, having stayed there a few months.

Between the two stays, I booked one-half a million Marriott reward points, through various program bonuses, my elite platinum, and a Chase Marriott credit card--and recently used 270,000 points for a Marriott Rewards Travel package for one week's stay in Barcelona, Spain at a Renaissance Inn in the heart of the city, and 120,000 United airline miles that bought us two economy roundtrip tickets to Barcelona and back. Too bad I can't return for a third stay. I hope to do so some day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your awesome review. What a wonderful rewards program Marriott extends to our "road warriors"... It truly delights me to know you enjoy staying with us at the Courtyard while in Abilene. We welcome you back; after all you are part of our Marriott family. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

In June 2012 our families came in from out of town and decended on this hotel for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding. Chris and the other staff were so great and really went out of their way to help us in any way possible. We sincerely appreciated the management and all the staff for all their assistance and patience that helped to make this a fun and memorable weekend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We want to thank you and your family for allowing the Courtyard in Abilene to take care of you during the wedding. Congratulations! We hope you will stay with us again when traveling to Abilene. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have stayed here before a few years back for my mother in laws funeral.The staff made things so easy for our family. That was before they had remodeled the hotel. It was nice than. They did a great job! Love the new clors they have used. Stayed again this week for another family funeral.The staff was great again. The service was first thing in the morning and they gave us a late check out so we could come back and have a place to change clothes and pack for home. It would be nice to stay just for visit and take a long nap in the WONDERFUL bed!!!

Room Tip: No matter where I stay don't like a ground floor room. Very quite. Sure all the rooms a lovely.A...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write comments in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Abilene. I am so pleased to hear you loved the beds and our awesome staff. We invite you back again for hopefully leisurely time next time. Thank you again!.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Due to business I have recently been spending a great deal of time at this hotel. The hospitality of the staff has made my time spent away from home much easier to bear. Chris, Lisa and Summer at the front Desk are always accommodating and greet me by name. I can also always count on David at the morning bistro to serve up a hot breakfast with a smile and a story. I would recommend anyone traveling through Abilene to stay at the Courtyard by Marriot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for your great review of the Courtyard Abilene hotel and staff. I have to say I am proud to have a team that leaves a lasting impression. Your generous words will assist our future guests in making a decision to stay at the Courtyard. Thank you again, DYarborugh

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed this hotel. We drove in late and left early in the morning. Nice room, wish they had a free breakfast, but there wasn't. That is always a nice perk. Local mall right across from the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott while visiting Abilene. We really appreciate time taken to voice your opinion to others about our hotel. May we suggest our breakfast package that includes breakfast with your room? We would like to invite you back at anytime and look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked this on Priceline and thought it a little expensive, but I had a very comfortable 2-day stay. It was convenient for two days of work I had to do. I did not use the food service, but I think they are comparable to other Courtyards. Comfortable room, accommodating staff, and overall good stay. Courtyard is a particular class of Marriott service and I appreciate knowing in advance what I might expect. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Darla Y, General Manager at Courtyard Abilene Southwest/Abilene Mall South, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for commenting about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Abilene. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and invite you back next time in town. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you should ever need anything. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was honestly expecting a little more since this is a Marriott but overall it was a decent experience. Rooms were smaller than I expected but clean.

Nice enough to stay again but not completely impressed.

• Stayed: September 2012

We very much value your opinion while staying with us at the Courtyard Abilene. If there is anything you would like to share with me that would have made your stay better, please don't hesitate to give me a call. Thank you for your time and hope to have you back again soon!