“We used to go to Szechuan every Friday night. But now you can't eat in peace.”

Szechuan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 267 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
“We used to go to Szechuan every Friday night. But now you can't eat in peace.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is still pretty good, but now they clean up around you and stack chairs on tables while you eat. They sometimes do this at least an hour before the stated closing time. Dislike this kind of atmoshere and the silent message that customers are in the way!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TravelersOf4

“If you're in Abilene, you MUST eat here!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I travel often so when I find good eateries I make sure to remember them! Szechuan is definitely at the top of my list. Typically at Chinese food places I order orange chicken, here, I order the orange peel chicken and it's superb! I haven't tasted anything like it. The rice is always just right, never overdone! If you have the time, go.

Lawton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is my fav restaurant for Mongolian Beef”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Ever since having Mongolian Beef in Decatur, IL @ China Palace (now closed) I have tried to find the same flavors as their. This is a close match. When we travel through Abilene we usually go here for lunch. This is the only entrée I ever order. Love the crunch of the white noodles. I always ask for an extra bowl. We are light portion eaters so the hubs & I split this meal. There is plenty for 2 in 1 plate.

• Visited October 2013
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Extremely disappointing.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was visiting friends and they absolutely raved about the resturant, told me about all the awards it had received, so I was very excited to go. To start with, they were 'sold out' of almost half of their wine and beer selection. I could get over that, but then the waitor comes back and had lost our food order. Annoying, but once located, they got the food out quickly. But apperently, with speed comes a price. For me, it was a long black HAIR in my happy family!! The waitor at least had the decency to appear ashamed, and brought me a new plate, which we obviously inspected closely, along with my friends plates. Still, for some place spoken of so highly, all of this should have never happened, nor were we offered any form of discount or management apology.

• Visited December 2013
Rogers, Arkansas
“OMG”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Fabulous!
I "relocated" here to Abilene on Monday 11/18. I perused the local Names and Numbers Phone Book for places to eat. Szechuan's full page ad claimed "readers choice award" from the Abilene Reporter and Best Chinese Restaurant in the NATION 2011. Well I had to have me some of that! Alone, I went for lunch on Friday. Upon entering, I could feel the Majesty, It was "over the top". Greeted with a smile and seated immediately. My server, ID#110 (sorry so amazed that I forgot her name) smiling and jovial asked for my drink order. I told her I had come because of their ad in the phone book and their reputation. I then looked her in the eye and challenged her to "prove it". She did not hesitate and accepted the challenge. I took it "safe" and ordered simply. Won Ton Soup and General Tzu Chicken (these two common dishes are often mass produced and of minimal quality). Again, OMG! The soup was thick and rich with two meaty Won Tons. The General Tzu Chicken was the BEST I've EVER had in over 30 years since I first tasted it. Dark, sweet, spicy sauce over crisp hunks of white meat chicken. Crispy peppers, onions, carrots and little corn cobs. Served with fragrant fried rice. OMG!

With Iced Tea, ALL for $10.07?

Just DO IT!