“Awesome Breakfast in a Down Home atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Atoka, Tennessee
“Awesome Breakfast in a Down Home atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The restaurant visually looks run down and very dated- Inside not much difference, but their breakfast is very good and pretty quick too! Very reasonably priced. I have never been for lunch or dinner, but looks like it would be very good based on the dry erase menu board.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brandidale

Tallahassee, Florida
“Sounthern Eating That's Finger Licking Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

If you really want Mama's southern cooking, go to Down Home Café. Really it is a small place that is dated but the food is tops. We have gone there twice in a day. The daily menu is listed on a dry erase board and changes as food items are depleted. So go early for the best selection. They do have a menu to order from but why use that when the specials are great! The desserts are out of the world delicious! Their breakfast menu is certainly full of traditional favorites. this is one of our favorite place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Never again will I take my kids to eat at this place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The family wanted to go out for breakfast so my husband suggested this place. From the outside in this restaurant was Nasty! The food that did arrive at our table was cold and burnt. I love to support local business / family business but I just can't say I will ever be back to this one.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We tried Down Home Cafe several years ago, and while the food was good, the place was smoky and seemed dirty so we hadn't been back for a long time.
Now that the place is non-smoking we tried it again. We are glad we did. They have great breakfasts including omelets and other egg dishes. Since it is no longer smokey, it seemed much cleaner. This place is definitely worth a shot if you are in the area.

Visited November 2012
Atoka, Tennessee, USA
“I Didn't Know What to Expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My father and I decided to go somewhere we hadn't been before. We both ordered hamburgers, so I cannot give an opinion on other items on the menu. However, the hamburgers were fantastic! The place isn't somewhere you go due to the inviting appearance. In fact, it is old, unpainted and just "there". The interior is the same. But, it stayed quite busy while we were there, with "regulars". It was fun to watch the interaction of the people. If you want to go to a small-town cafe, this is the place to go.

Visited July 2012